Is my time running out?

Hello everyone and especially hello developers :smiley: (some of you might know me a little x3)

The question is in the title and i mean is my time running out to build something big before 1.0.
Reading a little trough the forum i just found out that there will definitely be a complete restart with the 1.0 release so current players and new players will all have to start from scratch.

Damn and i was so getting into it xD, but itā€™s ok i already have set myself up to deal with that. Thing is i have so many ideas which role i wanā€™t to take in Boundless once it gets really started, too much to fullfill them all. So i thought i try to finish one of those goals before 1.0 release and once the reset comes i leave it behind me and try to achieve other things. But now im worried if i still have enough time to finish this little project.

Im working on building a set of buildings each on a different planet that interact with each other in a certain sense and i still got a lot to do with the first one. (Although im kinda running out of plots already)

The truth is if i donā€™t have a chance to finish this idea i wonā€™t bother starting to build the other buildings and just finish and perfect the first one. So how much time is left :Dā€¦ approximately?

Iā€™d say thereā€™s still a fair amount to do before 1.0 release, so theyā€™re most likely aiming towards the last quarter of 2017 at the earliest. Thats purely speculation on my part though!

Build awayā€¦ build away :wink:

Iā€™m still doing a big build, even though itā€™ll be wipedā€¦ slowly dismantling my 100 plots on Therka and moving to Munteen VII

I donā€™t remember the post by @James but I remember him saying a ā€œresetā€ doesnā€™t mean the builds made by players are gone forever.

The worlds are backed up. So we might end up using some of the creations in other worlds or hiding them for players to discover. But we shall see how feasible that is when we get closer to coming out of Early Access.

Happy building! :wink:

7 Likes

Yeah thats the good part about it but still i would need to finish it bevor the worlds go offline.
Actually what im going to build will be something really nice to discover especially when you find all buildings and realize ā€œitā€ :smiley: . Well thats at least the theory when im doing it well, maybe i screw this up anyway who knows xD.

So i guess i just keep building :smiley:

1 Like

I really enjoyed discovering a few of the mini ā€œruinsā€ on Munteen, Iā€™ve also passed some beautifully elegant sculptures on Therka that were player build.

Certainly would be amazing to find more abandoned building about and wonder how they fit into the Lore when 1.0 hits, maybe a few clues in glyph bricks because Iā€™d really like to know if Blue Gleam is what I think it is hehe

More importantly it gives your older players that are just nipping in to check for updates something to do - you really should give some dimensions and run a little competition for this :grinning:

1 Like

The beginning of the end approaches.

The Oort will illuminate the way.

2 Likes

ā€œVacuum Energy Risks all Existanceā€

Sounds a bit odd, or maybe it sounds oort.

Not to mention all the prefabs that have been submitted. I have already run into quite a few.

Iā€™m happy to have run into a few of my prefabs on various worlds. Munteen has my monuments, which Iā€™ve been harvesting blocks from for a while now.

5 Likes

They look amazing :slight_smile: I actually walked past the first one thinking it was someones bases and I didnā€™t want to grief it by stealing the blue lanterns lol Then when I saw the third one I realised it was part of the world so oh yeah, free lanterns!

3 Likes

So if the devs decide on it, our works from past versions, can get added as part of the world? Will be nice to see some of the awesome creations of everybody in the new worlds when 1.0 comes out. But are these creations beaconable? I wouldnā€™t want someone claiming it, griefing on it, for it to never see the light again.

They respawn/regen as the exact build you made since they are part of the world - as long as no-one places their beacon near them.

1 Like

I quite like the idea of people finding my earlier builds, half buried or encased in ice, and having to dig it out and restore it (or add to itā€¦ or even dismantle it for parts), as it kind of adds to the loreā€¦ perhaps the early access backers are the mysterious Oort :smile:

4 Likes

aaaaaah, thats where they come from!!! nice source of ready building material :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

OMG i just got an awesome idea and i donā€™t want to spoil it so i have to pick my question carefully.

So what you saying is that you either use the current worlds later so new players and old the same can discover them (again) and see all the player made buildings or that you just use some creations and use it on other worlds.

So theoretically anything we create now could be found on other worlds if not the whole world gets used again for new players to discover.
-Will these things be beaconable or somewhat protected and dungeonlike?
-will they regenerate or just be unique so once farmed up they donā€™t respawn (

I know this is just speculation anyway but what if you would do it how would you most likely do it :D.

I mean some of these things could be real TREASURES for other players to be found i mean think of the possibilites we players here and now could set up (IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN , screw not spoling my idea)

1 Like

Whatever details of final idea here, Iā€™d like to know that at least tiny bit of my builds survive as ruins/remnants and maybe some of the stored goods would be there to find for explorers (I would prefer that to be ā€œone useā€ finding than regen-like - I mean resources/items to be harvested once and kaput then,structures obviously would stand until someone destroys them to get material of it).

This gives all current players building/creating efforts some meaning at least.