Is solo hunting even worth it over group hunts?

I’m curious if running around and killing random creatures is worth it if I’m hunting for Roadrunner and Hopper Trophies, or if I should just wait for hunts and hunt with groups. I know how efficient meteors are, just curious how viable solo is. Really just trying to stock up on those trophies because the only efficient method of making T6 Hammers I’ve found requires some of the most expensive materials in the game. Rather gather them myself. >.<

I’d say it depends on what you aim for.
If you just look for trophies I’d say hunt solo. While I don’t have any actual drop rates it seems to me like meteor mobs drop less of those. It might be caused by the mix of mobs though. when solo hunting you can stick to the mobs you look for and focus on high tier mobs as well to have better trophy rates.
If you are in need of basically everything just join the meteor hunts. (preferably on higher tier planets if you need mob drops and don’t mind less oort per hour)

If you tend to hunt mobs for profits I’d rather solo hunt focussing on roadrunners and hoppers. (or grab some friends to hunt those)

1 Like

If I want the glands I solo hunt roadrunners.

For the rest of the trophies, if I’m short I just try to get into a high level hunt - This way I get a few of each and just stack them up for when I need them. The times I’ve gone out to hunt a specific mob for it’s trophies, I find of course that’s the time when other mob types want to spawn, etc…

I don’t know much about specific drop rates, either. However in the hunts you loot so many mobs and hit the RNG so often that overall I find it’s a lot more trophies for the time spent.

4 Likes

I find it more lucrative in a group 99.9% of the time. The only exception I might say would be roadrunners.

2 Likes

Solo hunting is an opening to freedom and exploration. When I practice it, I have a feeling of pure game play, unlike group hunting where everything is automatic. It is during this phase of games that I feel all the work of the developers.

1 Like