Is there a Development Roadmap

It takes a ton of effort to make a decent roadmap and frankly I’d rather the devs spend their time on making new content. But I’ll stop with the dissenting opinion since clearly a lot of you are very passionate about the idea.

It really doesn’t take a lot if you make one without dates. Hell we already know from Ross now that melee combat and a furniture system are being worked on.

There also was a mention of crafting overhaul and of course many recent changes was also to get rental planets out…

We do know some things, but it would be lovely to know more!

If they need to spend more than an hour on such a thing I would be rather surprised…

3 Likes

Anyone else hope we get some more information after gleambow ends? I was hoping maybe for something by the end of this week but I know I’ll probably have to wait for the weekend to end :pensive::laughing:

1 Like

I mean devs put this event just cause they gotta get some slack… lets be real they were just drinking booze.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s fair, it feels like several bugs were introduced that needed fixing of some sort. Although it also feels like that’s taken time away from working on other things.

Event seemed to be a nice distraction all around judging by the number of posts and drama on the forums. But here’s hoping there’s something coming out soon for those of us who don’t really care for fun colors and whatnot!

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: To Be removed

But sadly Sephiroth is correct in that there is a range of palettes, look at every single umbris exo we’ve had. The rocks, they are all in the orange/red range and always the same ones too, hot cherry, hot orange, etc. Same goes for the other lucents but also the gem ones.

The only planet type where it can be random and where there is no set range for certain colours is a Lush T4, and even then the colours are supposed to reflect earth like palettes but many of the Lush ones have an odd colour here or there and especially with gleam they can go all out and use any colour in the complete Boundless palette!

2 Likes

Woot woot, can we get another month of gleambow for dev distraction so they can work on content? So many colors!!! :slight_smile:

I vote for prolonged dev slack

1 Like

I just want news on rental worlds. It sounded like they were the next thing on the list to come out…I don’t want to start playing again and wasting time making a new home if rental worlds are coming out in a month or whatnot. I’ll just wait.

But I also don’t want to just keep checking these forums for any scrap of information for the next like year without ever logging in because of that fear that rental worlds are around the corner.

So I’m all for distracting us with events if it makes things better (although judging from what little I read it seems even gleambow had forum drama) so long as we can get some information beforehand!

4 Likes

If we get full control over rental worlds I’m sure a lot of rare colors will become common as hell :laughing:

1 Like

That depends if we have any say in the colour palette or not…

To be fair don’t think we need a road map as roads are no longer compact so they don’t leave a settlement in most cases.

:joy::rofl::joy:

All jokes aside.
Still don’t think we really need one as we get updated and they (our devs) keep us in the loop an a lot of things. Even tough most of the past updates have been more about quality of life (and some cases a extra something something :grin:) we get updated on the “what we are working on” in pretty decent intervals.
Every week or every other week (again most cases).

[edit: Apparently it isn’t clear that this is an option where im basing this on. No facts. If you guys want facts search every post as the devs have been mentioning stuff in random posts and topics in the past year. Can’t help it if there is no Dev log post or so that specifically states what is added or been worked upon in the past year.]

If i am honest i have it rather this way then a map that says “this year 1,2,3” and 3 falls of because of reasons.

1 Like

Sure, they do communicate. Their com-work is far from none-existent.
But if you compare it to a lot of other games, it’s not mind-blowing either.

Wonderstruck’s communication is pretty much limited to talking about the stuff currently testing very openly (excellent!), and whispering about upcoming features in vague terms from time to time, or to some chosen-ones in DM, so that the common player still doesn’t know anything specific.

For a dev studio that kept all of its promises and only adds stuff on top of what was promised, I’m like “eh, they don’t need a roadmap, we’re all good”. But for a dev studio that is behind on promises and has chests full of things stuck in concept-limbo, I feel they owe a roadmap to the players, to centralize information on their progress. Again, I can’t stress that enough, a roadmap doesn’t necessarily mean “we promise to release by a given date”.

3 Likes

Please post examples.

1 Like

You are not talking about Dev Update here on the forum, right?

2 Likes

I was just about to say, “please paste this into the search and hit enter for an example of how these updates used to be: weekly dev update category:8” :joy:

Just typed that as i feel like a road map gives expectation on features that might or might not come.
And bring its own problems with it about a feature that possible got scrapped or pushed way back to what ever time.

Like now and again titans, hunter, shields and so on gets mentioned as in where are these features and are they ever coming?

I like te surprise now and again as “hey new blocks added in this update” or “emoticons” (even though it got a little push back).

Not saying wouldn’t like it just don’t need a road map.

@Clexarews im sorry but im not scrolling trough all those random posts where a dev mentions something.

@cuzzea think that answers that :wink:

Again most haven’t been “here’s an update”.
And the past month or two honestly don’t know as I haven’t been on the forum as much.

That’s fine so long as you understand that the burden of proof to provide evidence for your claim is on you and that by refusing to do so your claim lacks any sort of persuasive power whatsoever. As @cuzzea and I both showed, there used to be WAY more transparency and communication nearly…wow 3 years ago now.

As I’ve mentioned before I don’t think they need to go back to something quite as detailed and lengthy as those posts used to get. But some sort of update would be nice.

1 Like