Is there a way to transport water?

I want to make a most around a castle and was wondering if there’s a way to carry water from 1 place to another like you can via a bucket in Minecraft.

If you can’t transport it, can you dig a trench from the waters edge and let the water flow into it?

Its coming with the farming update.

OK, what about the 2nd question about using a trench.

Will the water flow into a trench?

Water source blocks (currently, might be adjusted in farming update) can flow up to 8 blocks away (if the surface is level, farther if it is stair stepped down). I know Jiivita had a video which covered this, so I might be remembering exact numbers incorrectly.

After the farming update you will be able to fill a moat or waterfall or whatever with water or lava, I’d expect this update sometime in April myself, but no later than May. I’m not a Dev though so my expectation amount to little more than guesses.

OK.

Ill play with it and see what happens.

Thanks

1 Like

you can do alot with the existing water

come to the aquatopian embassy hub and use the arte intera portal
we doing a one milion coin competition and give away rooms that have source on top
to mess with :smile:
ow and join aquatopia discord i use to have the water source as a block in beta
and know a lot about it

if water flows from 3sides it can be expanded on same height
ya can build trench but it need be going downwards every 6blocks
cuase the flow gets thinner if it is further from a full source block off water

so one block off source water flows 7far in each direction if ya would plant it in the desert on flatground
doing this creates alot off water but only one cube will be full source etc etc
its like the block next to source is 6/7 off source the next one 5/7 source would be 7/7

devs could have changed the workings off placable water in futur
cuase it never was fully ingame after it was to easy to nerf people with it

think before i was in the beta a massive town got flooded i heard this story from pre beta players hahah if that is a thing :smile:

imagine putting this source on top off the bigest mountain the cascading water can go endless so would flood a massive terain thats probably why we dont see hill side rivers yet

I think this is exactly why we don’t have them right now. Something about flooding a valley so bad the world kept crashing.

Not sure I just started in october so it’s just a legend to me :wink:

I have did this, But take a LOT of time. For a block to become a source block you need 3 adjacent source blocks around it before you break it. Youll need to be beside a decent area of water. Youll have to plot whole area. Work it around where you want it for final product. Then Unplot where you want castle, and regen it to ground, leaving the ring of water on outside. Replot.

1 Like

You can tho, surprised you don’t know.