Is there something keeping me from building a bridge across an entire world?

a flying bridge all over the planet?
ye ruin the lansdcape, why not :>

2 Likes

I expected a lot of hostility toward my creating this. Mmm. It fuels me. :wink:

4 Likes

well you could make it a nice bridge, responding to the landscape, but this would need more plots :>

2 Likes

Do it man. Haters gonna hate.

4 Likes

I’m thinking of that huge wall like in Age of Conan. If it’s something like that it could be pretty cool.

That would be…amazing.
Personally thinking of a structure (Iain M. Banks kinda thing…) a bit above the majority of landscape but going through hills and mountains…
So very cool either way.
hmmm…

1 Like

this

2 Likes

yes i remember this extrem ugly thing (my oppinion, no offence)

1 Like

I walked the whole length of the A-Z bridge on epsilo! It was nice near the beginning where there was a tower with stairs up to it, but became just a 1 block wide clay tightrope in the distant part.

Clay?
In harmony with nature so. :wink:

Stupid mantle keeps me from digging a tunnel from one side of the world to the other. (sigh)

1 Like

Only thing I can recoomend is to keep beacon dimension up to 100 blocks, it was fixed IIRC but when beacon was over 100 blocks (about 12 plots) long it could bug out sometimes. So just to keep it safe maybe break up the length to portions of 12 plots.

If you want to check out the history of bug looky here:

One consideration though, you’ll get 0 coins for footfall. I have about 50 plots beacon that is long-ish bridge on Segi and since it’s considered to bridge settlements I get squat for that. Pretty mad about it tbh!!! :angry:

2 Likes

There were beacons fairly often along the A-Z rail, A section, B section, may have gone past Z to AA, AB…

^dev post saying you can do this

Oooh, that’s a very good idea. Thanks man. I’ll break it up into multiple beacons for sure.

Kinda sad, but I’m not too worried about footfall. I’m not going to let lack of footfall keep me from creating something I really want to create. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mean yeah. I’m the one who made that bug post in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue: I just don’t know if the bug was actually fixed or not.

Shhhh, He does not know it’s a flat disc… He’ll hurt the turtle if he keeps digging… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I don’t know, good taste and class?

3 Likes

Don’t let your dreams be dreams…

2 Likes

Licks lips

1 Like