Is there still ongoing developement for the game?

Hii wonderful community :heart: i started the game a couple days ago with a group of friends and i am wondering if there is still active developement on the game ? I saw some plan of adding sword and shield and stuff like that is it still on the page ?

5 Likes

IMG_1468

15 Likes

The most of the team working on Baldurs gate 3, hopefully they will return some day.
Atm it is most hotfixes.

The next update (with shield and sword.) have been on the test-server for a long time.

8 Likes

Sore topic that is. Game is in “maintenance” mode the last we heard. The update may or may not happen but don’t let that get you down there’s a lot of great things about this game, as I’m sure you already know otherwise you wouldn’t be here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve been playing daily over 2 years and still love it.

9 Likes

Ohh i see thanks for the info (: dont worry im still very motivated by the game ^^

3 Likes

I feel like this game can still hold new player it just need a bit more advertising maybe a new trailer or something

6 Likes

Yeah there are many of us that have at this point just decided to focus on enjoying every aspect of the game that we can and worry less about new development. There is a small but active community at least.

Many of us are hoping that once BG3 release happens near end of year that at least a few of them will start to find time to move into some active development. They’ve been clear that they are having a hard time finding time to finish the last update. So if they do find time then great… if not, then at least we have the current game to play until something changes…

5 Likes

Thats exactly what im gonna do there seems to be a bunch of contents already so i have a lot of stuff to discover and explore and have fun with . Its just that im super hype for the game and wish there will be a continuity because im plannin on passing a long time on it :sweat_smile: bought like 10 code of the game for my buddy

4 Likes

7 Likes

Sorry, i played BG2 many years ago, fixed it.
I blame my age and to many bananas,

2 Likes

I mean if they actually went back in time to work on BG2, that would at least explain a few things. :sweat_smile:
Imagine they return one day and everyone is suddenly 10 years older.

3 Likes

hope I don’t go on a rant essay but here we go…

Hey guys, some of you might remember me as Lion, others as current name (OortCity), in case they didn’t leave the game :smiley:
I’m gonna try to restart the game as well, I know that development has some hard times, and I confess that all of the situation frustrated me greatly, but, from what I’ve “lurked” on the forum from time to time, reading the comments, reactions, I keep remembering the good times, the memories and especially the feeling this game was bringing me, I remember the Sunken City (the original one from before the release) and how out of nowhere a group of random people started working together, and helping each other and somehow we became an entire small “city” full with friends, I remember even after the release, the dragon above the portal, and how much work that girl put in designing it and the portal, at the moment of writing this don’t even know if it’s still there, I remember the fun we had on voice over discord, I honestly haven’t found a feeling of warmth like I did in this game in any other. Of course, the stronger the feeling the bigger the downfall, over the years I mostly stopped playing because of all the drama both in game and with the game, really didn’t felt I could enjoy it any more.
But as the saying goes “time heals all wounds”, I understand that this might not have been easy on devs to put the game in maintenance mode, I’ve seen the passion they had with the game and because of that I was hooked in. I really hope there will be a No Man’s Sky resurrection with this one as well, the concept is unique and don’t think anyone else could pull it of, not even minecraft, but nothing is free those days.

Apologies if this might seem as a rant, just had to say some words I had on my chest.
Hope we all get to meet in game and especially to the new people that stumble upon this forum, give it a try, you will see that this game actually has a magic of it’s own like no other.

Wish you all the best, now I need to get one of them big planets, stick a flag in it and take some selfies. :))

9 Likes

@thestrategiclion long time no see! i remember you joined me on xa frant a long time ago ^^ glad to see you back

3 Likes

If you started couples days ago you still have many hours of content in front of you. Most people complaining is because we are around for many years at this point!

If you have a group to play around its even more fun while discovering the game.

8 Likes

It is quite understandable to feel this kind of emotions, there is something in Boundless that pushes you to come back even after a long break. Yes the game is not perfect, some promises have not been kept, as in any forum and game there are ups and downs, the community has different opinions, it’s normal and human, but at the same time that’s what makes it a great community. We all have beautiful memories, the first hours in-games, the first build visited, the first people we met, people we liked who stopped, the game sooner or later will have an end like any game, the most important is to enjoy the present moment.
Welcome back have fun and keep going

@JeJaYa Welcome a board buddy enjoy :+1:

8 Likes

Well said.
Also @JeJaYa theres different People specializing different things (In game) so it might take a while To dive Into community

5 Likes

the current amount of content (and less) kept me playing for thousands of hours over the years, so i wouldn’t worry about that. as long as they keep the servers running, the game is worth your time as it is now.
there are fewer players than there used to be, worlds can feel empty. but if you find a place where people live, the experience is very different (just knowing how to get there, you don’t necessarily have to build next to them)

3 Likes

Ohh good to know ^^

1 Like

the community is wonderful, but there is no active development to put it bluntly. You can still enjoy the game but as a protest, try not to buy cubits or gleam club (doesnt really do much) unless you really want to.

1 Like