Issue with "griefing" in my city

im allready renting out plots works fine with guildsystem install
been a breeze so far for me
you mentioned what happens when i disappear good question :joy:
i def make sure to give all guildmembers director roles etc but im always around lol
maybe could go on until last director quits i dunno lol

That sounds pretty complicated to me and really for a very limited group of players. Most players are not going to construct a mall. And if I was doing a major build that might take weeks to build, I would not want the possibility of the plot owner telling me as a renter that I had a few days to move when my lease expired, or told me after I invested a lot of time and effort they were increasing my rent a thousand percent. Sounds like a good way to really mess with other players. What is wrong with using your own plots so you have control over your own build? Both sides are equally at risk the mall owner risks the store owner might not run a store and the store owner has the risk the mall owner might decide to pull-up their plots removing infrastructure and portals with no notice. Both instances have happened in game.

I personally think we do not need to add a mechanics that is so subject to abuse.

If you quit and delete your character, them your plots are removed and everything is subject to regen. That is the risk. Maybe a small risk, but it is there. Would be interesting to see what happens to a guild if the guild book regens. Can it be created someplace else or does the guild disappear?

its still there
until i make new book
so has to be me i think to make new book
if i quit and last book is gone its over
not 100procent sure though
need ask another director to test it maybe
would be good if dev’s add it if it wasnt so

Might be worth getting someone to try it on the testing server. Might be good to have guild books in two places under different player beacons. But I guess this is off topic.

1 Like

Just a theory. Also as I stated the renter has control. I actually would love this feature. For guild halls and shared spaces. It just eliminates the need to plot with different beacons keeping them separated. Also giving a time frame ( contract) to the renter. Hense renting… that is what we do in real life. Are you saying when you rent a home and KNOW when your contract is up you feel you shouldn’t have to move in a hurry?

In this case he didn’t plot it and someone else did. That pretty much it. Now I’m wondering how to prevent (in his case) this from happening and from people who DO make spaces for others from losing plots and gaining trolls.

move in a hurry, no. When I rented I had to give notice and the landlord had to give notice of increases well in advance of the contract end date. So I could plan. This is a game players may or may not play everyday or week. Are we going to have to put contracts in place so everyone is protected from abuse? Are the renter and landlord going to have to give 30 days notice if they are not renewing or if there is a change in terms? Is this really worth the developers time to create an interface to allow someone to map out their build and assign certain plots to other players and capture the terms of that assignment? You still put the player that invested a lot of time in a build in a bad position if the landlord decides not to renew. You spend weeks or months on a build or running a store to have the landlord tell you to move on? I do not think other players should be able to tell others to move.

Whether we like it or not it can be done using separate beacons. Why create another system that is still subject to abuse. There is nothing you can do about trolls they always find a way.

True, this is why I ask and like to hypothesize about new ideas. As you say, no matter what trolls will find their way. Lol. It’s unfortunate that societies are short lived in this game. Mostly due to the small user base. When a town dies out it REALLY dies out(redundant I know) . I would speculate that if there were more people active within these towns, plots could be passed on and the society would constantly flourish. I’m not a expert on economics, but perhaps I can throw ideas out and sometime play devils advocate.

I do agree that we feel it more when a group of players that may have been running a city or portal network leaves, due to the relatively small player base. I do understand the OPs problem. In this case a protection zone would have prevented the other player from being able to grab the open plot in the middle of his settlement. The developers have at least mentioned this as a possibility so maybe we can push them to implement this which at least helps with this type of incident.

1 Like

But oh yes. To address the top part of your reply. That was kinda my point. Renting is not owning. I don’t think really anyone would be doing this anyway besides maybe mall locations or a place like legendville? If the mall dies anyway and your contract is up best to move anyway right? If the owner stops your just end up plotting your spot anyway? It’s really a small issue. I just would love a feature to exclude the beacon to give plots alone rights to friends and or the public.

Yeah. I m sure it’s hard to try to set boundaries as to what would qualify.

Especially setting boundaries to a title called… boundless. :joy:

Lot of good suggestions in here tbh. Just wish they were noticed more. I know the devs have their own vision for the game but to be honest this day in age sometimes you need to toss your ideas and listen to your community. This post has in fact done what i hoped and Spawned multitudes of ideas that hopefully the devs seriously take into consideration. Maybe not our Direct ideas but something to help combat these issues. We all have life’s and things happen, we cant all sit in our town 24/7 to prevent someone from stumbling about your settlement to find hidden Plots or inactive beacons. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT: Thanks to The devs for removing the beacon about an hour ago.

So now that we have their attention Maybe Something sweet will come out soon to help prevent these issues!

If you see me in town Toss a wave or Yell at me- Tpain

3 Likes
>> Surprised Reaction <<

Well. If this is indeed the case. then this is good news that the devs are indeed closely looking into each and every situation and are willing to resolve this type of problem. Good to know. Was not quite expecting this outcome based off of the past.

You can have as many guild books placed as you want. Other guild members can place them and I can use them to do whatever I need to do or I can use the one I placed.

1 Like

In the past week I’ve seen the devs be very handson, removing beacons, checking up on situations in game, talk to you about events in game to all parties, etc., etc. Not just with me but also with others.

So yes, they are willing to resolve this type of situation. Just can’t be many doubts about reasoning tho in case of stray beacons I suppose and many sadly aren’t so clear cut…

One thing I’m wondering now tho, do devs generate footfall for us just like anyone else? Hmm

I wanted to take the time to post this as this post was brought to my attention by a dev. If you have time check it out as it seems like a possible move in a great direction to help with these situations. I think between it and the new guild system it could help . HELP! Give us your opinion on automatic protection zones around beacons?

Thanks!

Before anyone replies to Green’s comment, don’t. He writes stuff like this all the time.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t waste my time on garbage reply’s. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like