"Item Magnet" Item, or toggle-able skill

Yo guys. I had a thinker thought.

Currently, you have to get pretty close to items to actually pick them up.

I’d love it if we had either a toggle-able tool to extend your range of picking up items. It could be stronger depending on what material it’s made out of like any other tool. (Stronger = longer range)

Or a skill that accomplishes the same thing. It could be a toggle-able skill, bound to a hotkey. It could have a few levels that increase range.

This would be /incredibly/ helpful for things such as the Great Hunts.

Discuss.

3 Likes

Or just tie the pick-up range straight into block-interaction range with the stat… — (not in-game, and forget the name of the stat, Control?)

4 Likes

I think the stat is actually called Interaction Range.

1 Like

Or a specific grapple that just pulls objects to you.

I mean… grapples already pull items toward you. But one at a time.

1 Like

Basically if it was like Item Pickup Radius in Diablo 3 and functioned much like it, then I think there wouldn’t be that big of an issue.

I can’t recall any specific post from a dev saying we’ll have gear, so if gear is going to be a thing it could be tethered as an item property on gear that we can equip to our characters. Not everything needs to be a skill tree.

Yeah but they can be pretty slow especially with larger objects like dead mobs … i just meant one that did what you’re asking for … if it’s a block/resource etc just out of reach you use the grapple and it immediately goes into your inventory as it would if you’d picked it up yourself.

Forge. icon_forge_drop_attraction_level

1 Like

Where did you get that image? o.o

Plucked it out of the aether… (forge icons)

1 Like

Where do you see the Forge Icons though? I’m starting to think you’re a developer. :wink:

1 Like

In the files… there’s a folder called icons, and within that folder lies… the ‘centraforge’ folder :open_mouth: its in the gui folder, then sprites/distance_maps_bw

1 Like

Oh. Well dang. Hopefully that is an aspect of the forge, then.

Oh it is… its called “drop attraction”, its in other places too :slight_smile: seemingly you can get it on regular tools, spanners?! and chisels!?

3 Likes

On tools? Huh… strange. But that’s really quite exciting. :slight_smile:

well, it makes sense if you’re mining, because then it attracts blocks if you break them far away from you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

sucking it all to my inventory

new definition: BLACK HOLE - a region of inventory composed of super densely packed backpack with a gravitational pull so strong that all drops get sucked inside

6 Likes

My oort would be seriously disappointed if he was mining and suddenly sucked a large fossil into his black hole.

I mean, i have enough fossils.

2 Likes

maybe a programmable black hole that picks its suck would be a way out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blackish hole - some things can escape! I like it.

1 Like