Item wheel swap + precise chisel downgrade key

Hey there.

So, something I’ve always been struggling with Boundless is how much time I spend in my inventory replacing items/tools in the item wheels, depending of what I need.

This is not really a problem with some other games like Creativerse (yeah, I know, I keep mentioning that one) because it only has ONE tool to pick-up everything (imagine having a wayfarer totem that only takes durability damage in T6 worlds and picks up things with a speed as if you were capped in dexterity - that’s how the best tool feels like in Creativerse), so your action bar is pretty much only used for blocks and decorations to build.

But in Boundless, I often find myself with an AoE hammer, a single-hit hammer, a square chisel, a slope chisel, a bevel chisel, my auto-harvest/glow chisel, etc etc. With the centraforge, I end-up having SO MANY tools in my bags (the un-chisel chisel and auto-door spanner being the latest additions to that list), it’s becoming a real problem.

Item wheel swap :
So my suggestion would be to have a way, with one key, to swap between two sets of item wheels.
That way, when I’m only placing blocks, I would have the first set of wheels with all the blocks, and then, once I’m done placing these blocks, I press the key, and I get the second set of wheels with all the tools to chisel things.

Precise chisel downgrade key :
I’ve mentioned how we have WAY too many chisels to deal with. Because you also have the precise chisels, and i’ll be honest, I’d be ready to only have the precise chisels on me if there was a key I could hold to force a precise chisel to act like a non-precise chisel. It may sound like a waste, but I’d say it would be a quality of life improvement for me to not always be like “ok now I need to go back to my chisel-storage to swap my non-precise chisels for my precise chisels for this bit of detail I wanna do here”.

1 Like

Yes please!

This is not a bad idea.

If you are working on your home beacon you could swap skill sets but that’s very limited. I often have the opposite problem where I hit something with a precise chisel and get the standard behavior because I forgot I’m on another skill page without the chiseling epic.

Can’t say that I’ve had this problem : I still only have two skill pages : one for hunting on T6 worlds and one for building/crafting. I never swap by accident. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds great! Which keys would you like to use on a keyboard for that?

And the bigger question: what keys on a PS4 controller???

Maybe a combo of keys that we normally don’t press together?
I don’t own a console, so I can’t tell you. And I don’t have the PC shortcuts in mind right now.

It could also be a UI button in the inventory that you have to press with the mouse or whatever. Would still make things faster, I’d say.

Ahhh, it’s not switching by accident, it’s forgetting to switch that gets me.