I've lost a majority of my gleambow colours thanks to the Auto Hold bug

wow. I can’t even fathom. that is the absolute WORST thing that could happen from that bug.
I too would be completely devastated.

Please, devs, if you can figure this one out it would be such a relief.

1 Like

It was a bug and lag? Are you on console or PC? Was anyone nearby?

Sometimes I get the auto activate thing where I’ve had to run in circles or hit the jump button over and over to avoid destroying my places with a 3x3 hammer. Wasn’t sure if it’s something in the game code, calibration, driver conflicts or what.

Connection was perfectly fine, it’s has something to do with a well known but not fixed pc bug also known when you leave you inventory there is a chance you tend to hit things automatically without control. And yes my partner was standing next to me when it happened but not even she could handle the amount of lag that dropped on us when the bug broke the storage containers, I wasn’t paying attention to what the bug was doing until it of course broke the containers letting all hell lose.

Did she check to see if she auto-absorbed any of the gleam? When you have a lot of gleambow stuff in your inventory, a lot of things look the same. It can look kinda like mud or igneous rock.

I’m not sure if I’ve experienced dropping all of my stuff, while using my inventory - that’s why I was asking Qs. I’ll have to search the forums for more info on that bug.

Just one tip for next time it happens, idk if you knew, just click the left/ right click and it will stop

i had this many times, and i panicked and clicked the left mouse button and it stopped, gladly it didnt destory much, but still

now i know :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

heh i was just about to post and say this as well… that’s how I’ve always dealt with it.
also I have been very careful to only press one button at a time when opening menus and inventory… it seems to trigger when having a different button pressed while closing the inventory/menu

1 Like

My totem as i’ve said earlier in this post is a 3x3 so the storage holding the gleam was not the only one, as well as glass, two stone types, two wood types, mud and a foliage type all dropped at once. She did absorb some of it but barely any of it was gleam majority was all the other blocks. I’ve said above that neither of us could move nor store anything until it was too late. She even disconnected a couple of times since she has the weaker connection.

I know of this and i usually do this but as i said i wasn’t paying attention…

1 Like

Are you on wifi?

I’m on ethernet she’s on wifi from what i know (we do not live together yet)

ah, the wifi would explain her disconnects…
but I totally get the lag thing… break one regular storage shelf with full stacks and i can feel the lag already…

Yeah but take 9 ornate stone storage blocks full of various blocks all dropping at once the result is terrifying

1 Like

Losing rare gleams to this bug is really scary. I hope you are able to hunt missing ones before event ends or locate if those would be saved somewhere.

This auto hold bug when leaving from inventory is really annoying.

On summer I had these very often and kept sending logs every time it did occur.

Bug itself is really discouraging on building aspect as it can remove fast storage and/or chiseled build, worst case it could release lava pool and do something really bad :confused:

This bug and bombs are one of reasons why I would like to have setting to protect own beacon.

1 Like

Exactly, at this stage i either want my gleam back (which i doubt will happen) which is why im now running around like headless chicken on crack to get what i lost back or for the devs to at least acknowledge that this is a worst case scenario for this bug that has run rampant for so long like seriously either take note that this is a problem or do nothing but disappoint me and anyone else who’s fallen victim to this bug :confused:

3 Likes

Hey Cyanide, pm me at the end of the event if devs dont answer you :smiley:

1 Like

There is some new performance issues in the recent patch for sure around inventory and storage systems. I see a slight slowness when browsing them now and noticed that when doing a few things in the storage it does lag…

I feel your pain… I’ve swiss cheesed my place many times… walls ceilings floors… then add insult to injury I fall in the hole I created…

I lost a ton of building material from going afk with wonky trigger h ammers on. Came back 20 minutes later to a giant hole in my building and everything despawned lol.

but I thought you liked the open concept @Peyago:joy: lol

1 Like

Yeah, but sometimes you just have way to many doors!

1 Like