Just a chisel question

How would I chisel this so it matches?

Can’t figure it out.

Hi there,

Hit the top left and the bottom right with a slope precise(silver chisel) to finish it off hit the top right and remove the part that sticks out.

be sure you have the skills points for chiseling

1 Like

Yep silver chisel is the way to go but you also need the skills purchased to use it.

You can actually start with copper chisel either hitting top or right edge. You then finish with silver precise slope chisel. That saves your silver chisel.

2 Likes

I dont think it will match as posted, the blocks are not aligned…
the block in question abuts the left lantern, so hitting 1 & 3 as above will line up the left.
The lantern below, in the foreground, is 1 block closer. There wont be a way to bridge the top and side borders with just 1 lantern.

My advice would be to use a silver chisel on corner 1 only. a second lantern then placed in front of the one in question sloped to fit the vertical line (silver chisel):

closest side left top and bottom corners,
followed by left top corner furthest from you (where “1” is now).
Closest side right top corner can either be chiselled or left in place.

This will look a bit bulky but the faces of all blocks will line up properly.

Edit - what boundmore said :wink:

oh i thought he was trying to get it to warp around his storage. so hitting 1 & 2 once will match both vertical and horizontal running lanterns. hitting 3 makes it smooth but forms a square shape, hitting it 3 again will create 2 corners.

yep that’s how i would do it. but for that, the frame around his storage must be in the same vertical plane. the lantern going down is 1 block in front of his storage

1 Like

Gotcha, i can’t see that in the picture but if that is what it is then he would definitely need additional lantern blocks. :thinking:

1 Like