Just bought a PS4 because of Boundless

4 Likes

I’d say for me it’s only because I write the same way I talk^^ and Boundless is kind of long and it actually translates to something. Yes for me that’s something that speaks against speaking it out loud^^ Maybe it’s just because I and friends of mine always joke about how silly things sound if you translate them^^ Things like Borderlands, Dead Space, Minecraft etc^^

“I can’t be bothered to say an extra syllable but I do have time to discuss it online” :wink:

3 Likes

(But seriously call it what you want)

2 Likes

I might call it Boundless from now on in all topics except from off topic^^

Don’t you mean “B<” :smiley:

5 Likes

That´s so smart, I hope this becomes standard :+1:

alternatively: “][” …

4 Likes

Also good, but maybe a bit too mathematical for the average player.

1 Like

Holy, I didn’t even think of that^^ That one is amazing.

Right… derp.

The problem is that getting PvP right is a hell of a lot of work. I’d much rather see the devs focus on nailing the rest of the game mechanics first, before they put any emphasis on PvP.

We don’t want another Firefall in our hands

3 Likes

Yeah I´m definitely not expecting some E-sports ready balancing, I just hope it´s not

or ignored completely.

I don´t want to get too off-topic but what happened in Firefall? I just played it for about an hour.

Don’t you mean darkfall?

for( ; ; )
{
expandBound
}

They were aiming for best in class PvE and PvP in the same game, at launch. Part way through their beta process they realized that balancing PvP while also supporting PvE mechanics was too much to bite off - so they completely removed the PvP experience from the game.

Understandably, that pissed of a lot of people who had bought into the game w/ a promise of good PvP

1 Like

Nope, Firefall

The PS4 has massive improvements on communication methods than the PS3. Cross-game party chats work brilliantly, you can use any keyboard (bluetooth even) if you want and alternatively you can even use your phone (which is what i do). The PS app on android (and maybe ios?) lets you type using your phone keyboard of choice, etc.

6 Likes

I’m wondering if it would make sense for the console-style “emote” system should also be a first class citizen in the PC build.

There could be some interesting implications, like being able to play & communicate with players no matter what language they speak. Also, a chance to (maybe) do away with region/language-specific servers. Also, the psychological aspect of being able to steer players away from overly negative communication (but zomg “censorship”!).

Oh woah, didn’t realize that! *goes to install the app*

2 Likes

I really hope for full implemented PvP (on special worlds) and optional pvp for beacons or events. Just to have it for basic fun like some arenas or duels would be not enough for me. I don’t think we need special pvp equipment, cuz using the existing one with its boni and abilities should do the job. For me the most important points are damage (it should not be possible to knock someone down in seconds) and a good evaluated duration for crowd controlls (for example: to be able to freeze or slow a creature for 10 secs would be cool, but to be able to do that with another player would be to powerful). But to be honest: I HAVE FULL TRUST IN THE DEVS IN THIS MATTERS :wink:

To have some guild vs guild mode would be cool, but should not be a main focus of development … I would suggest it for a addon after 1.0. To hope for modders to build something like that is ok, but would never satisfy the whole community of players who want this feature, cuz it would be “banned” to servers which are not connected with the main universe, so it would never feel as “whole” as if it is a main game feature.

For “party game items” I would suggest an item that makes the player who has it glow in a special color and if he is killed or knocked down it is dropped so that others can pick it up … That would definitly lead to CAPTURE THE GLEAM CONTESTS! ;D

3 Likes