Just checking in / Worldbuilder question

Hey guys. Now some more months have gone by, dunno how many. Does someone even remember me?

Well Anyway. I’ve started the Worldbuilder since the World Warping is finally integrated. Now I can start making a good world. But, I’ve forgotten how to use it. Any usefull and up to date tutorials out there to remind me of the process and show me how the new interface is working?

2 Likes

A new wb update is coming soon so I’d wait until that one comes out

Oh really. Dang, well, is an full-release date out now? Or is it still far out?

btw. Hey Predatoxic, howya doin?

The World Builder update will be adding prefabs, which will allow us to make bits of scenery out of voxels (e.g. trees, rock formations, ruins etc) and then distribute them using the World Builder in a similar way to adding plants. It’s a great new feature, and will particularly help with trees which are currently a little samey.

I wouldn’t hold off on looking at the World Builder though, the addition of prefabs won’t change the rest of the tool, and adding prefabs is likely to be something you’ll want to do at the end of making a biome.

@Tobelawe and @Nevir are both building a lot of cool biomes at the moment, and can answer any questions you might have. I think there might be a guide somewhere too, hopefully they can send you a link.

3 Likes

There are a few videos online:

Squidgy has a tutorial series that would probably be best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUZFeABbDdg

There is also the video we made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFnSOTul4w

Unfortunately these are the old style world builder but not too much has changed since then. If you do have any trouble please message me and I can help you with what you need. Maybe we should make a more up to date tutorial, split into episodes rather than being over an hour long.

If you do get into creating worlds and biomes, we would love to have a look at them. We plan to use some community made biomes to help create our words! If you need more information on that, this might be useful: Making Worlds for the Game

Hope the links help!!!

4 Likes