Just gonna let out a little rant here about big cities

Well since you helped me out a lot when I first started, I’ll say this. Contact me and let me know what you need and I’ll be happy to help.
I landed on Raxxa June 2019 and the Raxxian Sanctuary was the first big structure I found.

2 Likes

I’ve always been behind the tutorial world idea, and so many issues people have brought up over the years strengthen the argument for its usefulness.

One thing I’d add is explanations further than just how the game works. It should mention, without too much confusing detail, what portal networks are, how much quicker and easier things can be with a full skill page and when you play with the community. The current tutorial could probably apply to a single player version of the game.

Great example would be group hunts. I didn’t know they were a thing for months. They aren’t part of the base game but they’re a major feature of the true gameplay. There are so many sides to this game that manifested through the community that are nowhere near the surface level that new or interested players see.

5 Likes

Check out Seginiakai.

It’ll give you an apoplexy. About 1/4 of the planet is empty plotted.
Above ground, but, hardly any building. Supposed it was a big project, but… still nutting.

3 Likes

You can look on All my plots on arie, there are Overall builds.
And when a player will build near me is no problem.

Gretings DarthPain

8 Likes

AIR PLOT instead of ground plotting where your build isn’t yet, people! I mean this in the case where you don’t want to be blocking off resources, of course.

You can’t put this in the game tutorial, it’s a player invention and can’t be assumed to always exist.

That’s my point though, portal networks will always exist. I’m talking about adding basic rundowns on player made stuff with full context that it isn’t exactly a feature of the base game but it is the reality of the mmo we live in.

It would be a major eye-opener to new players to see “this is what you CAN do”. Maybe the tutorial planet would have a portal hub with locations of other parts of the tutorial.

This would also teach about plotting, settlements, and more in a controlled space so new players aren’t getting lost and confused in the massive reservations as referenced in OP.

4 Likes

The real problem is something I’ve said a long time ago from back when I used to play the game: There are not enough planets.

1 Like

The real issue, imo, is that there is no incentive to make people move their bases to higher tier planets. And also the current skill system doesn’t allow for a fully specced crafter / builder with high enough DMG to one shot on t6 (not my character anyway rofl)
I would have built my farms on higher tier worlds if there was an incentive like more crop/seeds yield.

10 Likes

What do you mean there aren’t enough planets.
… Based on current player numbers, practically every active player now has their own Public planet available.
And then I don’t count the sov planets yet :+1: :+1: :thinking:

5 Likes

There should have been a risk vs reward for building on the higher tier. When you actually secure the plots and build…farming should give you more seeds, faster crop grow time, and/or more from your harvest.

5 Likes

Or, maybe, it shouldn’t. Not everybody needs challenge in every game or have an even greater grind just because they prefer to build on a lower tier planet without “the challenge”.

2 Likes

yes change more people more planets into more overall plots more planets

The Incentive is Houchus is a Beautiful Planet

3 Likes

I hadn’t even thought of this before but if it wassn’t so lonely to run a shop out there I’ve more than once thought I should just pack it up and move to Houchus :smiley:

2 Likes

Gonna be honest, I would build more on T2 - T6 worlds if there was a way (other than plotting like crazy) to push creatures away.
Like some “energy tower” machine, and you feed it crystals (burn, chill, etc) as fuel, and it just blasts nearby creatures when they actually become aggressive. So, when nobody is around, they won’t consume crystals. But when you’re there, you could build more freely.

In the meantime, I see no reason to build on a T6 world, for me.
Sure, an incentive would be just like Prestige, and everybody would go build on T6 worlds to take advantage of that bonus, and it would be super crowded… though, then, maybe the T1 worlds would be left to the players who just care about the artistic part of building.
But maybe instead of an incentive, some quality of life thing? Add a skill that allows you to break crafted-blocks as if they were placed on a T1 world, even if they’re on a T6 world?

5 Likes

That’s Why you leave it up to Cookie Kingdom to Push those Meanies away Mwahahaha

Think I’m 1 of the only Major City’s on T6 Mwahahahahaha

Gotta think Positive for that great Price they see on B.U.T.T. is your shop then you Bring Footfall to Portal Networks cause they gotta walk through all
Those Portals Mwahaha so the Networks can continue to Strive to Keep Running

3 Likes

I’m one of those who would disagree with you. There are too many planets, some with such little population, why keep it. I would (and have) argued in favor of just 24 planets (6 for each region, with tier 1-6 planets). This is a practical standpoint.
I think that if there were fewer planets, with people not so spread out, our numbers of players would be higher.

See! I’m one of those people who believes in stuff like automated defenses that would shoot critters if they came too near.
Instead, I’ve sometimes set up moats around builds to keep the critters away.

1 Like

Imagine a machine where you actually have to feed it an actual weapon, and it uses it against hostile creatures and stops working when your weapon is broken. ^^

2 Likes