Just purchased game and cant exit the settings menu!

Hi, I just bought this game and jumped right in.
I found somebody’s house and they said hi to me, I couldn’t figure out how to reply so I looked at controls in my settings. Then I could not exit my settings menu! I hit esc multiple times and it made me attack their stuff! I feel terrible and after restarting the game I still cant leave the menu. Any ideas?
Thanks all, I really enjoyed the 5 minutes I’ve played so far lol!

2 Likes

Yeah there is a bug where you chat in a menu you can’t exit any menus.

So I cannot play? or will it eventually fix itself?

You just got to exit the game and re-enter. Maybe there is another fix. Just be careful when being in your menus that you don’t accidentally start typing.

Thank you. I have closed the game a few times using the ‘X’ close window option but it takes me back to the starting location with the portal and I’m immediately in the menu.I will try again though thank you :slight_smile:

if it doesn’t fix itself soon we can tag a dev. first though try shutting down and reopening staem.

Oh weird, usually that fixes it. Try it once or twice if not life Jeff said we will get a devs assistance.

I have restarted steam and it didn’t fix it. I log on and I’m not in the menu but as soon as I move in-game the menu appears again. I’ve just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and its still doing it. I’m going to restart my computer and see it if helps any first :slight_smile:

I’m wondering if it’s possible that you may have bound your escape key to something else - from what you have said about hitting things, possibly left mouse action?

Can you try deleting this file, it it exists (replacing yourname with your computer username) …

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless\user_settings\yourname\controls.json

6 Likes

That worked! Thanks so much! I must of changed it when I was in settings looking for how to chat and pressed esc!

4 Likes

@Stretchious to the rescue once again! :mage:

5 Likes

Excellent! Now get back to playing, pronto! :smiley:

8 Likes