Just purchased tonight

I had this game on my wishlist since it was known as Oort Online,
but held off.

Finally bought it tonight,
and OMG its so damn beautiful.
Outright gorgeous.

and a hell of a lot of fun so far, too.

Now, to explore the current depth,
and eagerly await every update and the eventual departure from EA…

any tips, or things I should know diving in?

15 Likes

Welcome to the community !

a few small tips from a fairly new player myself

• building in a settlement or town (with active players) is more fun and rhe community is very helpful, so playing the game and asking questions in game helped me for instance to learn alot.

• ask players how to spend skill points, some things are not in the game yet or dont do a lot

• Dont forget to fuel your beacon

good luck :smiley:

4 Likes

Also don’t forget to claim your Beacon plots as well!

4 Likes

And use crafting tables for storage please.

As for what James said, plots are only 8x8x8 blocks, so everything outside of claimed plots will be regenerated to natural state after 10 or so hours of inactivity. When you’re putting down blocks if you get green outline it means block is in claimed position :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What planet are you on?

Your going to love this game, Just know if you don’t like the first place you put down you can move by hitting it to remove it. Then you can replace it in the place you want.

I am currently on Sollum I believe.

I did place a beacon at first, but wasn’t a fan of the locale, so I spent a good 30 minutes wandering until I found a spot by a lake, and Im digging into a hill.

Looking at some of the player made houses I found along the way, Im awe struck at what some players have been able to put together!

I am being careful to make sure everything I invest time in is within a plot,
and believe it or not, by necessity Ive already stored some things on my crafting table!

I also met a friendly player out in the world, who I talked to for a while, and who gave me the marker for their base.

I’m not able to log into the world just this minute, but I already can’t wait to further flesh out my little ‘hobbit hole’.

Thanks for all the replies, and tips.

/cheers

5 Likes

Welcome @Tezyck this game is a lot of fun and has a great community to go along with the great game.

3 Likes