Keep your "macros" to your self

Group chat when nobody is playing the same game:
“You just build random houses and ■■■■ for people to look at and can’t even raid people.”
“You spend months building a stupid ass base just to get raided and lose everything.”
“You just run around shooting people and dying over and over.”
“You sit in a bush for 30 minutes then come out to die.”

@Nightstar :

There’s the answer we’ve all been looking for.

1 Like

and I totally get that. It’s why I enjoy mining as much as I do. Plenty of people here think it’s flat out bonkers. As my original post said, I want more people playing. That’s why I could give a rip how they’re playing. People get hung up on ‘morals’ for a video game and thats fine, that’s their concern. It’s not mine. I think I might approach it like Xaldafax as in looking at why the people are doing what theyre doing.

Take me for example, I’ve said several times I use a macro spam key on my mouse to craft 30 mass across 40 tables and then to extractors and refineries and so on and so on. I’ve got arthritis in my hip and right wrist/elbow. I play standing up a lot of the time with a standing desk because I can’t sit for long periods. Now if they wanted to ban me for that, fine, it’s the only way I can play at times. If that’s how they want their game played and enforced, I’d understand. I’d find a new hobby (this is the first game I’ve seriously played in close to a decade all from a PS4 ad).

I don’t have to do anything like that with mining because I can just hold a reassigned key down for left mouse and mine until I’m out of energy and wait for regen. Crafting doesnt offer that luxury so until they offer a craft all switch Ill continue to use that macro key spam until told otherwise. I honestly don’t care how others feel about that, as it’s the only way I can craft long periods (which if you mine a lot you’re going to be doing) without causing the wrist and elbow to flair up. So there’s a bit of personal for ya :wink: It’s why I don’t care what others do in game, because even if there was no one else playing this game and I was alone in a creative world, i guess that’s what it is called, I’d still play and have fun because there are a bunch of fun core elements to the game.

Depending what this refers to, this could just be flat out hacking, if someone has found a way to turn rock into glass for example

Hacking the game obviously is not supported by the devs.

This would require reading the games memory to pull the block information out, This would most likely require a full program to do this. It has been done before, the user that has done this in the past, doesn’t seem to be around any longer for unknown reasons. nor is that user willing to speak with me any longer

This is cheating as far as I am concerned, and it should be clear the devs don’t support cheating. however in this situation the devs have also stated they are not willing to change that game such that this thing can never happen again. they are not willing to protect the games memory from being read. Most likely due to the amount of effort and redesign it would take for them to do so.

The devs actions have proven they do not support this.

As much as it would be nice for the devs to clearly define some things, I do not expect them to do so. so because of that I mentioned the before mentioned things to try to show you that i am pretty sure the devs do not like such things, in the event they do not want to respond to your request for an official statement

2 Likes

I love my Uplift Desk.

Do you happen to have links to posts where the devs have said or done anything you’ve mentioned? I’d love to see those.

I’d like to clarify by saying this isn’t me doubting they have. I am genuinely excited to see evidence of the things you’ve mentioned because I haven’t seen anything of the sort.

The 1st section shows that they are not really willing to prevent the block reading from happening. So that may be seen as bad news,

The 2nd section shows proof of the existence of the bot protection system

Not the original update that it was put in, but it doses make Reference to the bot protection system they put in in a prior update, proving that they do not like boting.

1 Like

The dedicated tools for bypassing the network security and pulling out traffic specific to the the boundless client for further parsing/manipulation are available using download links published here, on the forum. The only known place to received developer support for these tools (the tool developer not the game developers) is here, on the forum. And many helpful resources have been generated and shared with the community using them.

It’s been stated that it’s easier to read the network stream than the game’s memory map on an ongoing basis (across game updates, etc…) and there are several active players who have received many thanks for their work in this area, published to the forum.

At one point i spoke out against that and after turning pretty nasty the thread was locked, with a lengthy statement regarding wonderstruck’s support for the activity. So there’s that.

The developer (generally a good guy appreciated for his contributions to the community both in and out of the game) has been posting today so I have no idea why he wouldn’t speak with you unless it’s personal.

Still, it’s off topic with regards to specifically emulating user inputs, if you would like to continue that discussion, drop me a PM or start another thread.

I’m pretty sure they’ve said a few times that they keep an eye on things and take action when/if someone crosses a line or breaks ToS.

Most companies, games included, will generally not get into specifics when things do “cross the line”. They don’t want to let everyone know their methods of detecting/actions/etc. Unless it was so bad and effected so many users that they had to do a roll-back on the servers.

I know in one game, if you refer to an issue where a user was banned or an exploit that was removed/fixed in anyway, you yourself will get banned lol. (most aren’t this severe tho)

1 Like

The person I am referring to doesn’t and has never posted any of his tools or work on the forums. and for legal reasons that person will remain undefined.

Derailment Investments. Buy one today.

I was under the impression the “bot protection system” was merely a way to decrease the exp from repetitive actions.

That is correct, that is their Response to one of the boting situations where people would run a bot that would place and mine a block over and over and over again to AFK farm levels.

They took action against that, Therefore in my book that proves the devs do not like boting.

Personally if they are going to allow people to cheat by reading memory and using programs to exactly identify where blocks are and stuff like you showed in the quotes by Luca, then they need to make this fully available to everyone through some asset.

Basically the way I see it is that it is cheating if only a select are breaking the rules to do it. If we change the rules and allow everyone to do it via actions you can complete in the game - tools, technology, etc - then we solve the whole problem.

Give us X-ray goggles, mining bots, automation, etc. That solves the problem. Stop allowing some people to do it in an unfair fashion and allow all of us to do it openly and fairly in the game.

2 Likes

Unfortunately they are going to allow it, and I don’t see them giving us anything more then what I mention below.

Caution: The following Statement contains Hearsay and/or Conjecture.

Their „solution“ to this was the atlas update that enabled the near real time updates of the atlas, or so I was told by unsanctioned sources that the X-ray thing that had happened was what had caused them to push that out to try to somewhat level the playing field.

I was given no proof of such things, and what I was told could have been misinformation, however with the time line of events, it fits logically from what I could tell, and i had no reason to believe that person would make something like that up, even thou he very well may have.

The real time updated atlas will only have helped the people with an x-ray mod even more I assume since they go to hotspot, look up and down and can see where the materials are they are after…

…?

How doses that help them when they could already do that before the real time update happened?

If they are on a spot of the planet where everything is already gone they can have xray vision but still won’t find anything.

When it was not real time they could use it find spots where to look but now that the atlas is more accurate and updated real time they can use that to their advantage as well.

Unless we’re not really talking about xray vision but a program that gives you coordinates and an altitude then it doesn’t matter indeed but if they still have to be near enough to it to be able to spot it with xray vision with their own eyes the real time atlas is going to help them…

If everything is gone, the x ray user looks down, see it is all gone and then they just move on to the next spot, , they dont even have to dig down like normal people do,

If everything is gone, us normal people have to dig down, spend 30mins or so only to find out there is nothing left and then move on to the next spot and hope the same thing dosen’t happen again in the next spot.

Therefore the real time update, helps the normal people alot more then it would help the x-ray user because the normal people will no longer have to dig right down and spend 30mins or so to find out there is nothing. where as this offers little bonus to the X ray user.

Therefore

And disproves by quite an amount

when it clearly doesn’t only help the X ray users

1 Like

And with an accurate real time atlas they do not even have to look down and walk on right away.

My point was that a real time atlas also helps the xray people so I don’t think it was the devs way of trying to do something about it. That it helps us normal people more is kinda besides the point

I bolded the part that you omitted from the quote…

1 Like

That’s exactly the point, it makes the gap smaller so the cheater doesn’t have as large of an advantage as before.

But if it helps the cheaters too I do not see it as a good way to even the playing field at all…