Kernels don't grow at high heights

That’s exactly what I think

Maybe RNG should be removed from fuel farming?

you can find posts in the forum (by myself!) describing why RNG is not a design choice for crop farming as such, but more a necessary requirement to achieve growth-times longer than a few minutes without using a ridiculous amount of data.

2 Likes

Thanks @lucadeltodecso for coming and checking it. If there is anything I can do to help you just tell me.

Can confirm locally that having blocks “only” at the top of the world in a single layer isnt behaving correctly server-side for lighting.

Dropping the ceiling 1 block down would work-around issues until this can be fixed/deployed.

Thanks I’ll try this fix.

Do I need to drop the entire ceilling or just the blocks on top of the plants would be enough ?

the ceiling, its the ceiling which is “leaking” sunlight through on the server into your entire room (its as though you room is in full sunlight on the server)

1 Like

ok I get it.

I believe I’ve found the issue and does fix the issue and make sense… but needs more testing (Its been quite a long time since touching this logic, and its rather complex…)

I wouldn’t necessarigly expect it to get released very shortly though, as it requires triggering a re-sync of the server lighting state which isnt cheap, so if you are happy I’d go ahead with changing the ceiling still.

2 Likes

Lava helps them grow faster along with using high-octane fertilizer

I’m ok changing the ceilling. Thanks!

It’ solved. Dropped ceiling one block and minutes later there were already 5 or 6 growing.

Thanks @lucadeltodecso

2 Likes

??
did I learn wrong that lava affects yield and not growth speed (fertilizer are for that; all “supporting” blocks for all crops increase/decrease yield)

It doesn’t say it but all my combustion and kindling mass seems to grow quicker next to lava