Kernels don't grow at high heights

I’ve buiild a decorative garden inside my future shop, there are about 300 kernels, a mix of kindling and combustions.

I don’t care about yield, it’s just for decoration so I just want them to grow.

2 days after planting them and none has ever jumped one stage, so there is cleary some bug here

Hm that’s weird.

Usually it’s all or nothing.

Maybe some natural light is getting in some how?

2 Likes

I think Light would stop them completely.

Give it a couple more days maybe it’s just very :poop: RNG

2 Likes

when there is light there is a message on the plant when hovering saying it can’t grow

1 Like

What’s the expected grow time? At the best conditions it’s 3 days 18hrs, if it’s set to that and hasn’t grown in two days there might definitely have a problem. If it was above that time I’d wait a day or two to see.

2 Likes

As mentioned before, they grow very slowly, so it is not uncommon to see no action for 24 hours. At least in my experience. I think gleam lanterns do reduce grow time, but if it’s for decoration that may not matter to you

1 Like

I probably had one of the worst grow times in my old build. Took about 2 weeks to have most of the farm fully grown (gleam way to far away and a bad color). Don’t know your times but probably give it some more time for them to grow.

1 Like

just build a box over them .block the light. Let grow then unbox…simple oh yea add gleam inside.

They will grow eventually since you have a growing timer on it BUT I stopped believing in that since they take about a week almost to grow. Patience my fellow oortian :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes but I still feel this is an anomaly.

I’ve had a 20k kernel farm in the past and I remember while planting that they would spawn at different stages. I know about growth cicles and their randomness.
But seeing that 100% of the kernels are still at stage 1 today with the same timer 2d 8h, it’s strange.

Statistically with all the cicles that have been since I planted at least 1 should have grown 1 stage.

In my old farm it was all totally randomness growth. I’ve had multiple mature plants mature to 100% in hours and others took 4 days.

That’s why there is somehitng here strange, when 100% of the kernels are growing at the same rate (not growing) I don’t see the rng.

No changes yet, 100% of the kernels on both sides of the room at stage 1.
:worried:

I have a kindling farm at high altitude, they still grow fine. Although I did some chiseling and on some spots I guess sunlight was coming in a small amount around the edges and they were stunted until I fixed it.

1 Like

I’m sure you did but I will ask just incase… your setup is it done properly like you would do with a farm version… like lava and the hard petro block (can’t remember the correct name) to help it grow? If its not then that could be one reason it’s not growing at the rate you are looking for. You may have to wait a bit longer before you start seeing results.

No there isn’t lava neither bitumen, but those aren’t required to let it grow.
In my last building KNK at gyosha mall I had 2 gardens one inside the shop 100% kindling, and one outside 100% combustion. There are just 2 requirements deco gravel and no sunlight and they grow. In that building they did in a week aprox, but there were signs of grow from the first day.

side walls are double block, and I’ve cheked all around and not found any hole. Anyway if there was a hole, I’d see a message in red saying they can’t grow, it happened at KNK shop until I fixed.

They are hit and miss on growing… I have a kindle and combustion farm(s) which are all setup to sustained… Once I have planted them all there are times I see 1-5 of them grow to their next stage but then I have some that are lazy and take almost the entire week… Its just how these two plants work sadly.

Yes totally agree, they grow random. But it’s an anomaly that not even 1 jumped one stage.

Every cicle the game does a roll and depending on that the plant jump one stage, then if I’m not mistaken does another roll (only in case that advanced stage) and keeps doing this until roll fails. Then there is no more roll until next cicle.

If cicles are every 20min and I have almost 300 plants planted for 3 days, how it’s statistically possible that after 200+ rolls on 300 plants not even 1 jumped 1 stage ? Can this be possible ? mmm yes, as it’s possible to have an entire farm grow to mature in 1 day, but that should never happen.

I would give it a couple more days to see what happens… I don’t know the whys or the hows all I know it drives me nuts when I see 3 days and X hrs and it takes a week to grow lol

1 Like

We I have probably 5 kindling that haven’t matured in 5 days so yea sometime it can be such a pain.

Having that many crops all not growing “at all” for such a long time, with no indication via HUD that there are any growing issues definitely looks like a bug and not just “world worst RNG in the universe”.

A “few” plants not growing after a long time? possible.
This many?? dont believe the chances…

5 Likes