Kindling Mass Farm

I have just set up my first kindling farm and, after looking up some builds, added gleam lanterns which, I thought, were supposed to speed up the crop. However, my crop timer seems to be the same without the lanterns. Does the time shown when you plant the crop initially change to reflect the lanterns? Or should I just take them out, since they don’t seem to be doing anything?

This first picture, the lanterns were added after the crop was planted and in the second picture I added the lanterns THEN planted the crops but the timers are exactly the same.

Try placing above the crop

1 Like

I assume I’ll have to do this after I harvest the first time and before I plant again?

You already have an adequate amount of refined gleam. Lanterns wont do anything more. 3d 18h is the right time. Theoretically, the fertilizer should speed it up but personally i think hassle vs speed, the fertilizer isn’t worth it.

4 Likes

Ah, I was wondering that too!! Thanks!!

1 Like

I had my farm like you and got 105 and 95 seeds alternatively. Not bad until you miss a few seed spots and your seed count goes out of balance. So i redid my farm.

How? Alternate bitumen and gleam ACROSS. For example:

Gleam bitumen gleam bitumen etc etc
Kindling
Kindling
Kindling
Bitumen gleam bitumen gleam etc etc
Kindling
Kindling
Kindling
Gleam bitumen gleam bitumen etc etc

Should give you a solid 100 seed on all plants. Learned it from the farm school.

Edit: You will still get a few spots on the corners of your farm with 105 seeds but the rest all shohld be 100. Not bad.

2 Likes

In some spots I have different numbers. Like 70/95 and 35/100 which is fine with me because it gives me a good mix of crop and seed.

Okay, new question. Some of the crop I planted up there, I harvested today but other plots still say 3 days 18 hours. Did I do something wrong?

Crop growth times are random so if all the crops start off at 3 days 18 hours, some will mature sooner than others.

To answer your OP, the time shown will change to reflect the current light situation, whether you add lanterns first or crops first. If you suddenly add sunlight, your crop timers will get longer. If you remove lanterns the timers will get longer.

In case you run into this question, you can change the environment to get different mixtures of crop/seed. The crop only cares about that when it gets harvested. So if you made a mistake with the crop/seed balance and wanted to do something different, you don’t have to start over. You can change the environment and then harvest, and it will act like it’s always been that way.

1 Like

I harvest my Kindling Mass every 7 days since at least 95% of crop will be “Ready to Harvest” is that what most people do?

2 Likes

This is how I setup my kindling farm

Max return on seed (crop:0%, Seed: 105%)

Sustainable farm (crop:35%, seed: 100%)

I learn this from Farm School on Alder (I think… I’ll check again later)

3 Likes

I do the Same harvesting every 7 days because before ITS Not ready .

I Don t understand why this is because ITS Same with combustian and both should BE ready in nearly 4 days…

I think the devs have to adjust the time when ITS ready for harvesting !!!

And my Farm is really bright lighted !!! All with White gleam .

2 Likes

It will take a week no matter if you get it perfect…Another one of those grat ideas of being random.

1 Like

You are right IT Takes a week but when IT should BE ready in nearly 4 days then IT should BE ready and Not 3 days later !!!

This sucks in my opinion, all other plants are ready after the time which is displayed. Why Not These ?

I Made because IT Takes so long gigantic farms that i can harvest every day and Not only once a week

Special for making more seeds IT sucks Most .

ITS also needed AS product Like starberrys which are 3 hours and after that they all are ready to harvest.

Combustian and kindling are rare and so IT would BE fair that the time is displayed is the true time for all plants and Not nearly the Double of time !!!

4 Likes

Try cool blue gleam. The brighter the better.

I just chop em down and plant em again, no big deal if a few haven’t matured fully because they give the seed back.

1 Like

A few is OK but Not more than 5% after 4 days. .

Thats Not OK and my Hall is bright aß the sun would Shine inside :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Sun stuns growth…block that light…Just gleam

That was a Joke with the sun , ITS hell Like the sun would Shine !!! There is nö daylight inside !!!

1 Like