King of the World Steam Achievement

So steam achievements seem to be working except for this one, that you get for being Viceroy…

Is this intentional? As of all the achievements this is the one that most matters to me, as its a very difficult one to acquire…

Game Magically decided to give me the achievement today (July 28th) so all is solved…

2 Likes

my opinion is that something this difficult (how many players honestly would EVER get to be world leader if its based on prestiege? (unless/untill we get an infinite universe?) I would like to think its disablewd until they can figure out an easy way to achieve this (i personally hope they remove the prestiege achievements fully for this simple reason!)

1 Like

I certainly hope it’s not disabled or removed… The simple fact that few people would ever get it is all the more reason to keep it! It’s a true achievement and not a milestone/pseudo tutorial objective like most other achievements. Removing prestige achievements because few would ever achieve them would be like removing “World First” or “Realm First” titles from other major MMO because so few would get them… It’s a goal for the most dedicated to push for, and a high honor! MMO’s NEED that to keep players engaged at the highest level.

9 Likes

i can slightly agree with that response (in the sense of… not many people want to join a community it seems… and even then, how many people within a community would agree to round robbin king for a second - just to get the acievement?)

Achievements like this should be hidden… i mean take me… im a solo player and hunter/explorer mainly… so therefor i will NEVER get that achievement… and NEVER get full completion (as i am also a achievement completionist) if this cant be fairly seen/discussed then maybe i should just forget about this game completely?

i just cant wait until they give us our own servers… that way we can easily do it :wink:

(no offece… just explaining how XXX something like this is when dealing with achievements… yes they are meant to be hard… but NOT impossible!)

2 Likes

First off, the achievement is not impossible even for a solo player. I would argue that when the universe has more planets, a solo player could be come viceroy on one of them with some effort, but could do it. I have as an individual created a large enough build that should it be on a less populated planet would qualify me for Viceroy. If any player specializes there are a lot of achievements they will never get such as a hunter may never get “Seven Wonders Of The World” for beacon prestige of 500,000. And a Builder may never get “Legendary Hunter” for defeating 180 different creature variants. Does that mean any achievement I will not try to get should be hidden from me, just because I think it does not fit my playing style? That is probably not a good solution.

You are free to express your opinion as are others in response. That is fair.

sorry that was supposed to be tounge in cheeck? Quip? whatever the word is… i agree a bit harsh yes (thats why the no offence) but my reason still stands… but as i try to imply i also agree (kind of)

• when the worlds get reset its going to be a KING RUSH on every planet (first come first King’d) which is a good thing
  • the bad thing is… with hopefully 1000s of new players including those from PS4 (since they are going to be combined with our player base?) its going to make it near impossible for the other 20k+++ to become king!
  • unless we have something like king wars or whatever it would be called… or king for a day/week/month as a forced thing? or a near infinite universe (as is planned) or do it on our own private servers (also as is planend)

I would like to know how you determine that its not as hard as you think for a solo to become king in a game with 100000000s of players?

I certainly hope that the viceroy achievement would be disabled on private worlds as that would be a lame way to get a very difficult achievement…

1 Like

If you have a stack of the right materials, you can gain prestige pretty easily. If you are early on a new planet and can build quickly enough, you are the viceroy. Again not easy but possible. Since they are adding planets as the player base grows, with your assumption of a large number coming in, new planets will be added and with the beacons, if players leave the game, their builds and associated prestige will be regened. Those both provide openings for a player to gain the achievement if they want it.

I will agree it is easier if you can get a group to help with a city, but it can be done. Dundragon has a single build with over 3 million prestige. If that was on one of the other planets, he would have the capital and be viceroy. In Hymlenn’s Port Simoyd has a single build of over 3.2 million prestige. Those are individual builds that I know of so that demonstrates it is possible.

my overal point (as i also beleive it is that of yourself @Sulfurblade concisdering you are the OP)
Is that there are going to be 100s if not 1,000s of players who refuse to play/stop playing/keep arguing because of this achievement…

And if thats not your point then maybe something is being lost in translation?

one reason i canot WAIT until they do so! :slight_smile:

Definately not my point…

This is in Support hence I am attempting to get SUPPORT from the developers about why, I haven’t recieved this steam achievement I really want as its a very hard one to get…

I in know way want it removed from the game are believe its too hard or any of that other stuff your talking about… I agree with what Havok said about hard achievements they are needed to give people a reason to play… Achievements should never be easy… And they should not be achievable bye everyone unless everyone really works hard to do so!

1 Like

then my english is way off and i appologise

Personally I always wish achievements were not published. I would rather people simply play and get achievements as a surprise. Achievements are meaningless anyway, but, as a surprise it’s kind of cool. People doing things just to get achievements is what turns many of us off to them. So that nobody knew for sure what achievements there were it would be nice to have say 90% of the achievements available on any one person’s account and no way to know what you have or don’t have available. Then let the dear achievement hunters go doing things forever and discover they don’t have that achievement available to them. Better yet, just get rid of the silly things. All they are for is so people who haven’t done anything in life can have something to feel they can brag about with friends who also have done nothing. Anyone that has accomplished anything in life is unimpressed.

2 Likes

Isint that achievement for being world capital? Do you currently have world capital on any planet? Of not. You shouldnt get it. If you do. Who cares right now. The devs are trying there best to release 1.0 in just over a month. Simmer down and wait till 1.0 hits.

2 Likes

Yes Sparta is the world Capital of Berlyn…

And you personally have the most plots in that city? Im not sure how prestige is split between players and becaons

And yes I am Sulf / Sulfurblade / Sulfur

Game Magically decided to give me the achievement today (July 28th) so all is solved…

Totally agree. Having one impossible achievement is really disheartening.

This is by no means an impossible achievement… is it extremely hard to do solo? Definitely! Impossible? No way. I know multiple solo players who have gotten it and even some who kept it even now!

Granted - this one is way easier to do with a group working together on a lower pop world… and if you take turns boosting your prestige so you each get a turn for the achievement, all the better!

1 Like

There’s still worlds with prestige near 1 million. And with how saturated the market is nowadays it shouldnt be hard to hit that at all. Just build it get the achievement and tear it down so the people who live on the planet can keep their spot.