Kranut Seed Soil Type

Nothing major, noticed that the Kranut just says tilled soil rather than a particular soil to plant it in. Is this an oversight or does that mean we can use any soil?

Edit: On a side note, I realise this is still in testing but personally I feel the action of planting seeds and fertilising is way too slow. I’ve maxed my alt with regards to block placement / action speed etc but it makes no difference which in turn makes the process of planting etc feel extremely tedious, especially if your planting a large area and then the thought of having to harvest them all at same slow speed .

2 Likes

You tried fast brews also?

No I haven’t, I’ll give those a try the next time I get on to see if they make any difference.

They do make a difference. I did give some feedback on this the other day too if you’d like to chime in there too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going to cleanse a skill page tonight and try the farming at different levels to get a feel for how it would be for a newer player. If skill points can’t help with speeding up the process and we have to rely on forging and brews to make it bearable then I think that would put a lot of people off farming.

Since sowing seeds is using the same way as putting grass seeds down it also has the same slow speed which can be sped up a little by speed brews, but as somene who has planted grass on large areas it is still way too slow! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know its not fun . Have done many 10x10 areas purely just switching grass color.

But i think its really nice cause people then know how much time is spend to do just that.

Seed placing speed is good. With mega brew its at least challenging to even keep up with the placing speed.

I think the difference with farming though is that you know you’re going to be doing that multiple times just for one crop (especially if you use fertilizer too) … there’s the initial tilling of the soil (one off prep so not too bad) then planting seeds, then fertilising (optional), then eventually harvesting the crop … rinse and repeat ad infinitum. Whereas planting grass seeds tends to be a one off activity (I’m assuming it’s mostly done just for aesthetics)

1 Like

You guys honestly suggest to use a potion when doing a otherwise Basic game Job?

2 Likes

To be clear, I suggest using a brew in the Testing environment, because you can cheat them in. I likely wouldn’t use them in the real game since I don’t make them myself and only buy them.

I did say on my seed placement speed feedback thread that I don’t like the current speed and think it needs changing, especially if it’s going to become a routine thing to be doing.

2 Likes

Wasent really directed at you :_)
But seeing @Buugi say seed Placement Speed is ok makes me wonder^^

Megas speed brew + speed bomb!!
Makes placing grass(so seeds too) almost bearable

1 Like

Ehhh, aren’t all things you do in game which can benefit from bews/foods a basic game job?

Everyone should be be buying mega fast brews to farm! I’m all for it!

Buy them at Noms 'n More :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wonder what you are wondering

Well you typed the seed placing Speed is good but it seems you in a minoritie there, no?
And you seem to enjoy a Speed brew to your seed planting, but if that should be the Standard to save alot of time then i wonder :slight_smile: if it is meant to be or a bug.

I would say approx half of the playerbase is not even on forums talking about this so i dunno where am i.

1 Like

Are you having issues placing the seeds onto any soil blocks?

No, I was just wondering because all the other seeds specify a tilled soil type (clay, peat, silty) and this one just says “tilled soil” so purely from a consistency point of view I assumed it would be one of the three or say “any tilled soil” but since posting on here I have tried all soil types and have found out that it does plant and grow in each one. To be honest it hadn’t occurred to me to try different seeds in different soil types to see if planting would be allowed or not I just thought if you plant something in the wrong soil it just won’t grow or grow extremely slowly.

1 Like

I just tried to plant them on clay peat and silty soil, all 3 read the same crop yield to seed yield ratio.

1 Like

Same grow time as well.

2 Likes