Lag in game

After months of playing we continue having lag problems with crowded worlds. Do you know if there is a plan to face this issue? It is getting hard to hunt with this lag that every week is getting Worst. Do you have something to comment?

2 Likes

I’m on PS4 and group hunts are generally the only time I lag, but the lag is bad.

2 Likes

I only have lag on McRib when hunting.

A few exos have crashed while Im leading hunts but usually they get back to normal after that.

1 Like

Its been around since release…

1 Like

I play on PS4 and I generally have a pretty stable connection. Even though some days are a bit harder than others. It does help a whole lot to be plugged into the routeur rather than going wireless.

3 Likes

Lag got really bad at the Bese hunt today. Quite a few people were having problems at the end…I felt better that it wasn’t just me. Lol.

1 Like

It’s significantly worse the past few weeks

5 Likes

nothing on my end

1 Like

No lag on PC for me, but I get a little lag on PS4 during hunts or when the game gets “busy”. However, I get actual game crashes when I’m mining/farming gleam with regen bombs. This happens pretty regularly (a few reports submitted already).

I’ve noticed lag has been around since console release and over time has gotten worse. #1 it’s not the internet cause I play a variety of MMO games and have zero issue… so don’t think it’s your internet. I’ve heard a lot of talk about crappy servers mostly the EU ones but the US ones are becoming bad too…@James care to investigate?

I think the main issue is that they use AWS for servers, which I understand are inferior to servers setup specifically for gaming.

Also, their servers seem to specifically have terrible peering to Comcast, the most common ISP in the United States. I got rid of Comcast and it didn’t change much for other games, but DRASTICALLY improved boundless.

But I donno.