Lamblis and Bitula hub choke needs to be fixed

Those worlds were blank and procedurally generated, like all of them. The players made them like they are.

1 Like

Players created the hubs, not the devs. Yes it’s frustrating, time to make more hubs at other words and spread out the wealth. Or we can wait just a few days and it’ll be fixed.

The PS guys have re-routed a bunch of the hubs to go around, Biitula, Lamblis, and some others. I noticed this just a few minutes ago before the game lagged and kicked me off Serp… :frowning:

I think they mean that by the nature of the planet layout & blinksec distances it was likely these would become choke points.

Poor Pheminorum shopkeepers tonight. People spending coins elsewhere as that world is always full.

Been struggling with Lamblis, Phem and Kada I tonight. Most of the night.

1 Like

Yes as schasm said it was the planet layout both Lamblis Bituala and Grovidias TE have 5 - 6 connections each. Since they have so many connections they are NATURALLY hub worlds. The new changes make almost every world a hub world eliminating the bottle neck.

So yes when you set 3 planets to have 6 connections each your going to have massive traffic blocks.
When you have every planet connected to all in its row and multiple other tiers it eliminates the block.

Unfortunately they waited till everyone already had bases so itll take a week or so to disperse.

The worlds are currently capped at 70, not 50…

The update was here

2 Likes

Just raise portal fuel consumption to 3x
So every portal hub will have to choose very carefully what portals will have online
In my opinion portals should be a luxury.
Right now they are too cheap.
Less portals will actually encourage players to explore and discover other markets.

1 Like

Streatchious the issue is thats not on news, on steam, or anywhere else easy to find. Its hidden away on support.

News or devblog would be much more visible location. Also updating on steam would be huge.

They also never list a number. Yesterday it was definitely 50 - 55.

Its 70ish NOW but definitely was not yesterday.

Regardless it needs to be better communicated

That post is set as a global pin on this forum, but I agree it could have been made more prominent other other mediums as well.

I can confirm that is was always set at 70, as I’ve been monitoring the servers since they made the switch.

Very odd as yesterday Bitula and Lamblis were full at 50 - 55 for 6 hours or so.

Well, if it was always set at 70, the portals aren’t showing that. While I was playing, I was seeing ‘World Full’ while worlds were saying they had only 49 or 56 players in them. Something was definitely not working as expected.

Also where is it here on general?

I think that is an issue with the way that information is communicated in game… I think that even if you are looking through a portal onto the world, then that counts as a connection, but doesn’t actually show the player on that world in the tally.

1 Like

You said you were monitoring servers are you a dev or just like us using the ingame numbers?

If you’re only looking at the general category, you’ll be missing any devlogs as well. Even if it was changed to announcements, you would have missed it with that filter.

I’m not a dev, just a moderator, but I am able to see counts of players per server via external means.

So Im assuming the API or some external support site.

I must be doing something wrong then aswell, I don’t see it, and my buttons appear to be set the same as yours?

Hmm that is odd then - have you tried refreshing the page?

I have. Closed it all out and came back. Not sure whats up with it.

Same! The only reason I knew of it was from someone posting it on another thread, like you did @Stretchious