Lamblis: Road / Ring around the world

Just claimed a road around the world of lamblis, and was wondering if anyone have some ides on what it should look like^^

5 Likes

Is it a straight line? Or did you have to go around settlements?

1 Like

My suggestion for the road would be to make it mainly from stone that complements the natural colors of the world so it is visible as a mode of transportation but doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb.

I’ve always toyed with the idea of a road that went through each region of a T3+ world either to cross lava or to trigger meteors.

5 Likes

Yuck…why…?? I wish it wasn’t allowed to be honest…I don’t think negative about people doing this …But I think it ruins the planets look and for me am tired of it going on everywhere…bring on private planets …no offence

8 Likes

Come over to Axon on Biitula and see our road network for ideas

1 Like

yea a straight line

2 Likes

Fair enought ^^

As for why, it’s more for convenience so that people dont have to run around a big area to get to where they want, and for myself it’s because I like to make big things

Edit: Area wide things, love makeing them

3 Likes

You could check what i did. Not alot left of the road now south+west but could generate some ideas. Please note that design carry’s a zone. If you copy it exactly. Also eats more plots.

AntarVI via PS south of hub “old” central plateau. South and west of that main building.
Main west road is a “finished” version.
You can also find main west by using TNT to antar and follow south dam (Road) to the East. Ill ad a shot later

1 Like

Will check it out^^

Is that yellow wood exo

1 Like

No it is Light sepia, from Twisted wood trunk, tranformed into Lustrous trunks then crafted into timber :smiley:

I’d turn beacon protection off, and if it crosses the lava lakes even better!

2 Likes

Depending on if the system determines it is a road, then the new release will not allow protection zones anyway.

Yea it crosses lava lakes^^

That is true I just dont wanna force people to merge but most people will turn on the protection then.
So i’ll just turn it off

1 Like

yep, I’m with ya.
I first built a “bridge” round the world just because I had a lofty idea for something bigger eventually (think Iain M. Banks scale) but I keep getting distracted by other projects. I’ll get there one day.
I love seeing other peeps mega projects and want to create my own.
I refuse to get precious about preserving the natural pixel environment completely (though I do love the look of the “natural” world ofc…this is what first brought me to boundless).
Now, in the real world, I do really wish more of nature had less roads going through it.

1 Like

Don’t know if you had a look but this is the finished version of my west road (small but before scrapping plans this would be my border road every plot forward is a set of 7 plots on water only the bridge would continue.

3 Likes

That is looking nice, might do something like that on another project.
Already started with s simple design :slight_smile:

Basically the same model but top of bridge is on see level and wall to “keep” the water away leaving on road (off 3) away and leaving sewers out.

^^ hope it helps with some ideas

Pretty cool. Did u build down the center of the 2 plots or center on one? Just curious how others do it. i’ll come and check it out this weekend.

If its to me center on one plot

Ground lvl and below 3 plots wide and top one plot (centered) thats the original road model last pick is adjusted to be like a dam that keeps the water back