Large Area of Wasted Plots in Ultima Guild HQ (+Screenshots)

So if they intervene who should get the plots? Who is the special person that gets that right?

Once you start this trend it will be easy to adjust the reasons to fit any excuse. I could say all those people that have plots in ultimata should release them and allow those of us that cannot get into the city be allowed to use the land now…

In EA everyone was VERY CLEAR this would happen. The devs knew it and did not adjust the game so we are stuck with the decision.

If the devs are going to start taking land away from people they should WIPE the game and allow us all to start over so it is fair to everyone!

2 Likes

@james go on, I dare you! :grin:

4 Likes

My town has always had the same undeveloped plots since release, they are still there to this day, I know someone is attending to them because the beacon names change occasionally, attempts to communicate are ignored on the rare occasion I have seen the “owner”.

I just build around them, or wall them off and build in the opposite direction. If they ever decide to do something with them I may integrate them into the town, until then I treat them as waste ground to be ignored or covered up. I don’t see why someone reserving plots or just leaving a wasteland should stop my expansion or enjoyment of the game.

Making posts about it will change nothing, it never did when I tried and I doubt if this type of thing will ever be addressed, like previous people have said, it’s part of the game, annoying yes, but people will do things like this in MMO’s and it’s not worth the effort to complain about it.

2 Likes

I am afraid I will have to agree with some of what has been said already. They have not surrounded the entire settlement so Ultima Guild HQ can still expand. Maybe not in the direction they want to but they can expand so no rules are broken there. I do agree that if the person does not intend to use them, than it is ugly and does detract from the settlement. I do think that since plots can now be bought with real money, it puts the developers in a tough spot to start trimming or removing plots because one player or a group of players does not like where another has plots.

I do wonder in the past when everyone was asked about being able to engage in land speculation and a lot of players liked the idea if they really thought it through. This is exactly what would be happening everywhere. Players grabbing and not developing plots with the intention of selling them and in that case the developers would have given an official ok to the activity. What a nightmare this will be if they actually allow it.

1 Like

Around one of the PS hubs, I don’t recall which, is starting to look a bit like this. People snapping up expiring beacon plots and sticking for sale signs up. Just makes the place look abandoned given no-one’s apparently buying land. Still, if they want to waste plots hoping for a sale I guess it’s their attention to beacon timers that got them the spot.

Nope sorry. I have over 1000 plots and a lot of them are empty and I’m taking a break. If I came back and they were gone because you wanna make a little expansion id be pissed. If having fun means you need a bigger structure than I suggest not building in a big city. If you don’t like the city you are in start your own.

4 Likes

Yea I’m game for this

Third nomination @james
Just get really drunk some night and press the “red button”

2 Likes

Is there a way to see when a beacon you have no permissions in expires? I haven’t found one and am hoping to see a gleam beacon that wasn’t built, go soon :confused:

It would be nice if Boundless was a game that contacted the players involved when a dispute arose like this. If a player is going to be unavailable, there should be an easy-to-use game/forum mechanic where players can turn VACATION mode on, with a date they will be available for contact from the devs. It should be in the TOS. There is really no reason, other than maybe number of disputes vs. dev time, that disputes like this can’t be resolved.

That WOULD be nice :blush:

No flame means one week

1 Like

There is no resolution. It is what it is. That person bought those plots, they own those plots and you dont. The end.

When I build something, I plan on people coming in and plotting right next to it. So the stuff I build right now I don’t care if people build around it.

It’s also the reason why I want a rental world (connected to the public universe) that gives me permissions to whitelist who can and can’t build on it. Strictly to prevent this issue from coming up.

I haven’t actually started building any sort of city specifically for the reason that people just seem to want to be the scumbag they are with plot claiming.

However, I don’t like the idea of having any sort of system or process to remove plots from an area without a player’s consent or permission no matter how much time has gone by.

If I do decide to create a city on one of the existing worlds, I would probably farm Cubits and purchase Cubits to quickly acquire the plots I need to just plot the whole thing and with a 3 plot buffer zone around the whole thing. Cause even if people plot around the city after that I can at least build vertical within the space I have claimed and for what I have planned as a city design is more than enough to work with.

It’s just having rental worlds would be nice. It wouldn’t split the community up all that much if at all and they would probably be implemented when the game starts seeing some noticeable positive player growth trend for a while.

EDIT: Also keep in mind the developers want to allow this game to be moddable. So that already means private servers will come at some point that aren’t attached to the main universe. Whether you want it or not, the idea is going to be explored. I think that’s a good thing if players are buying the game and playing it on whatever server or universe they want to. More players means more content being created and published on the internet. That’s a good thing. Just some food for thought.

2 Likes

Nobody owns anything. The game could die, CoC/ToS might break (by you or company), etc. This idea that you own the plots you’re sitting on is imaginary. It is exactly for this reason the community needs more transparency from the devs about how conflicts are resolved. Not wanting that is illogical and insane.

Also, I have no affiliation with Ultima. I don’t seek out plots. I play solo on Storis II.

1 Like

I personally have a few places plotted with over 150 plots that I am currently not building on. I had an issue on Malurialakrib where a certain layer kept blocking in my diamond mine farms and naming the blocking beacons things like “denied” and “tempo block.” I attempted to get devs to help me, but I never had any griefers plots removed, so they don’t really enforce the TOS much. I fixed this problem by going to a different hotspot and dropping a bunch of plots up in the sky to make sure the hotspot is reserved and my mantle level entrance can’t get blocked off again. I hope to eventually build on those plots, but it’s low on my list of priorities. So I’m against removing anyone’s plots period. There are ways to make sure people can’t take the space you want. Make 10 characters. By the time they’re level 50, they’ll have over 160 plots from the free cubits. If you want more plots on your main, use him to turn a bunch of rocks into stones and them refined rocks for the XP. You get cubits everytime you level up, so

I have large areas around my house plotted with nothing built on them… this is because I prefer the natural landscape and I don’t want random people building right next to me, clear cutting the areas.

6 Likes

I am not going to go into detail about why, but for personal reasons and a drastically changed life situation i wasnt able to spend as much time playing this game as initially planned. In order to have any space when returning, i plotted a lot of land outside a few places i wanted to build on. Without knowing at that point, I actually plotted according to the later released CoC. I never plotted anyone in, and especially in Ultima i plotted a lane behind the existing ones in order to build a street and create shop plots. There was nothing behind my plots at that point, the only existing plot i connected to the streetsystem. For that very reason i connected two points at each crossing. After a chat with Hama i released those plots again and he took them over with an alt.

I used this name on the official Discord, the Ultima Discord (until i left it) and on this forum ofc. Shouldnt have been that hard to get a hold of me, a lot of people actually did. Whenver i was asked for plots i handed them over, always for free ofc. Without that plotting, quite a few people wouldnt not have been able to expand their shops and builds that late into the game.

The players that are now “plotted in” are actually people i handed plots over to, for free ofc. They were well aware of the fact that they got a 3x3 slot in an existing road system.

I used the little time at hand to coordinate with people to hand over plots they needed and responded whenever asked. But quite frankly, at a certain point people just got outright rude. If you start “demanding”, i start ignoring.

I did not break any Code of Conduct or violate any rules. I didnt grab plots to “speculate” or to grieve other players. I use the very gleam club that actually pays for the development of this game to fuel my beacons, and i did that in order to support a game i spent a lot of time in during the beta. If you have an issue with that system go talk to the developers, i didnt come up with it.

I get a certain level of frustration, and it wasnt my intention to rub anyone the wrong way. but you are also not going to tell me how to play the game as long as my actions are well within the rules of said game. I will try to bring my personal misfortune and health problems more in line with all of your gaming needs next time. It should also be possible to just take a break?

If you want to open the can of worms of taking payed for plots away from someone who didnt break any rules… be my guest.

Dont bother to reply, im not interested in a discussion, but i wont let it stand that i boxed players in or put down plots to grieve players.

16 Likes

Hope you are doing ok.

1 Like