Large beacon prestige not registering after guild update

My apologies…I’ll move my posts (if I can) to their own thread. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Will try screen shots, but not so simple on PS4.

But basically this is the issue as I see.

Previously we had one large settlement, 6.5m + prestige.

As of today, the largest beacon in that settlement, some 2.5m prestige no longer registers as live.

Standing in beacon, it gives the settlement as New Leyden, but in same spot under settlements info tab, the beacon does not show at all, and beacon owner has no prestige contribution.

I think friend is posting some pics, hopefully they will help.

It’s also generating ZERO coin at this moment…

Not a happy camper here…

By the way, could you change the title of the forum topic to better reflect the issue so that it’s easy to see at a glance from the Support category? Thanks.

Back to the topic on hand, what are the coordinates of the location where this is?

New Leyden, Gellis, shouldn’t be too hard to find… portals everywhere

1 Like

Dunno, just got booted.

On Gellis, portal access from capital, Gellis Prime.

Coordinates should be roughly:
-113N
227E

Edit again: More precise location, I think.

1 Like

Thanks NerArth.

Yeah the footfall issue is also an huge problem and it’s probably related.

I have same problem here,
I guess its because you requires to connect plots for those beacon you aligned to guild
if plots not connect like normal plots work, it will be unname settlement.

And that really sucks, in large city a lot of people quit long times ago and has 17- 25 gleam club there lol.
How do we suppose to connect the plot if they can’t even login to join the guild -_-

1 Like

You had a chance to look at it?

Spend some more time on it, but am giving up for today, maybe finally catch up on some shows or play another game, or to bed early, or all 3 but this is too frustrating right now.

Thing is, all the beacons have been plotted next to each other, if there’s a hole then that’s a mistake but shouldn’t be the case, and should be something easy to see on that debug screen PC people have. A friend of ours is not seeing anything like that. Also not really anything that seems to be a road according to that debug screen. Well, at the complete edges of the town apparently, which is weird in itself.

The not getting footfall for the biggest chunk of the settlement is also really rather annoying. I was finally getting some past few weeks but now nothing…

Also, perhaps it helps, the bridiging multiple settlements message came up before we created our guild…

Just to add to this; the only “road” plots I spotted were ones on the very extreme edges of the settlement. As far as I could see, they shouldn’t be causing issues. One area that was a bit more suspect and did have some “road” plots was sorted out after Aenea added some more plots and I filled a gap. It didn’t solve the general problem.

This looks to be a ‘brdges multiple settlements’ issue at Aenea’s home beacon.

It all linked up fine before update, now does not.

I also get the same message in a build I’m making a little outside the main settlement area, it’s fine before but not now.

I can align it to guild and prestige shows in guild tab, but still get the bridge message so can’t form settlement.

1 Like

Managed to fix my outside build.

Its in the sky and connected to a small beacon below, neither were allowing a settlement.

I bumped the small plot up to 10k, and settlement activate. It travelled to the top of my plots that connective build. There is then a few vertical plots before the build starts and the settlement disappeared half way along. Added a couple of plots around this join area and larger builds then became a settlement too.

So it seems the way settlements connect is now different than before.

And most of us don’t really understand the difference and how to change it so it works properly.

Thus was just trial and error for me, fortunately it work.

But for those that are maybe a little less methodical or patient or whatever, maybe some clear explanation in simple steps step language as to how to connect (or not connect) maybe useful, particularly indicating the difference to pre update.

If this information is out there already, well it’s not been made obvious enough as a lot of people are having similar issues it seems.

1 Like

Coin collects after 24 hours now…I believe.

1 Like

It shouldn’t. You just get it once per 24 hours for a visitor. If a player comes in now you get it, but you won’t get any more from their repeat visits until 24 hours have passed.

Same as it was now, except every 24 instead every 24 days. We didn’t get coin if someone visited after 24 days, we got it straight away…

Thing is tho, my main beacon is swirling around and thru many other beacons in town, mostly my own on alts. It’s a nightmare to figure it out and if you have no idea what exactly the new rules are this is quite undoable…

Someone correct me, but I thought that changed with the update.

Well that would be an odd change then, but I could be wrong.

In any case, this and the bridging issues people are having tells me that changes aren’t communicated well enough…

If i read correctly from the patch notes it does seem footfall are given 1 days after the footfall was generated.

• Footfall payments will now be granted whenever the user enters a Beacon of a given player in a settlement after 1 day, but at a reduced amount unless the player has not visited a Beacon of that player in the settlement for 5 days.
1 Like