Latency issues again

What’s up with this?

Not my internet, since I have fiber now. Anyone else having problems? I can’t even walk around in my own workshop >.<

1 Like

Well whether you have Fiber or anything else all of the connection really is based on where you are versus the servers and all the other people connecting into it and the whole hosting area where the servers sit. So you can be greatly affected by traffic even with fiber based on those hops you go through.

I sometimes see a hit here and there for some servers but most are fine… EU sometimes goes bad at certain busy times.

3 Likes

i had the same thing happen today for like 2 min was hopping around a lot

2 Likes

Steam has asked me for 2 restarts today, and I’ve only been home a couple hours.

I assume you’ve logged in/out several times since this thread is a couple of hours old. But I find that if steam is trying to update, boundless often gets laggy for me.

I only have four cores so sometimes something getting jiggy in the background causes me some extra “effective latency” as well.

End of the day the best solution for this, if it comes on suddenly, is to cross your fingers and hope it goes away just as fast :smirk: The joys of the interwebs.

I was downloading some stuff last night and saw my speed break over 160Mbps, that was pretty cool. I was literally sitting there thinking “I wish I could get that kind of throughput for Boundless” :rofl:

1 Like

Problems have been there since the Monumental Boundless News, since it’s been running, the game has significantly worsened, but don’t worry, it’s still running.

1 Like

I just logged in to check it out myself. Besides the big spikes when I went through portals to 2 other planets my latency is normal. This may be from what was said earlier about your location and servers. I did have an issue with this way back and found out even having 1.5gbps fiber to the home a second router was causing bottlenecking on my speeds. Replaced the trouble maker with a 2.5gb switch and all was well since. Only thing you have to keep in mind 50mbps or 1.5gpbs the number of units connected to that internet the speeds will be divided (example 1gbps connection with 10 items connected each item will only get 10mbps). Basically if you have a lot of traffic on your network that could be the issue. Otherwise like mentioned above could be your location and servers or even your ISP.

Try to disconnect everything on your network (wifi) and if possible just have the connected to run some tests. Hope this info helps you or anyone else having the same issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like