Latest build on test: Planetary shopping UI

Might be getting a little to auction housey there for some folks liking, but being able to get a tracking marker for the location you want to head towards might be a cool thing. it would be cool if we could get 20 or so people on test at a specific time to test out various stands and tracking possibilities.

2 Likes

Great balance between giving easy info, but not giving one-click-and-no-moving trading options.

However:
If it’s based on knowledge tab then:

1. I can’t look for items I don’t have in my knowledge tab yet
  2. I can’t look for forged items (how do I find lattice chisel or liquid breaker or AoE hammer?)
3 Likes

I agree, I think this is a good median. I’m ok with doing the footwork if I know I’m heading in the right direction. Though tracking would be ideal.

Good point, if we cant search for specific boons it may be up to the seller to put “Forge” somewhere in their beacon description

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea, could get even more detailed probably with the naming if they wanted. Would be helpful to see for sure.

Yeah… tracking… ok… not my favourite, but acceptable :slight_smile:
I have previously set a small shop on Muntel with some forged stuff for everyone, its part of the hub accessible from everyplanet.

I will try to make it traceable for the testing purposes.

1 Like

So here is what I am seeing. I go to a planet to look for an item, it is 500 meters away so how do I find it? Walk in every direction and see when it drops to 499 meters? I figure out what direction and then will have to walk (even if I have the exact location) since I have no way of knowing if there is a portal that would get me closer. So even if I know they have something, how long will it take me to get there? And will it still be there when I arrive? I do not see this making any real difference unless you are already at a mall or something where there are a bunch of shops.

Not in favor of a solution that seems to favor one type of shop (in a mall) over the new shop or the small shop that might not be near a mall.

1 Like

We will need to see more stands on test on the same planet with the same item, etc etc to see if this is a real concern.

I think Combustive has good idea, I think it was he that said if we can craft a token to the location we want to go, and then just warp to it that might be a way of getting around this concern (if its a valid concern)

1 Like

I still think the token is better, sinks some coin and majority of people would use it within the planet, saves time, and gives equal chances.

1 Like

Thats a good idea. Can we agree on Havran I / Shimering orb everyone ?

1 Like

Great idea and commendable effort by the devs. This helps in finding items easily while keeping the element of exploration.

7 Likes

I agree it would be easier but the problem with this then becomes abuse for easy warping. I could put a shop stand anywhere I want for a quick 100c warp and no intention on buying said item. Now we have a world flooded with people replacing the portal system with ease of warp shop stands.

And I think they still want us to explore other things along the way to our shop destination.

3 Likes

I don’t really see much difference from the current state.
You can have beacons, provide tokens or save beacon location and warp to the beacon even now…
Its just that you can look it up via searching certain item… Providing location 1200;-754;72 - you don’t really know where it takes you to, do you ?

And with those 100c per warp… let people abuse it.

2 Likes

And all I want is the item, I have visited the planet before so why do I need to continuously explore other than to generate footfall?

3 Likes

I most agree with @Kal-El on this. That being said, I don’t expect the changes that I think would be most beneficial to the game in this area. They seem too unpopular with the vocal shop-keepers.

Given the testing implementation though, I wonder if it would be possible to give a cardinal direction along with distance (in the same way that you can find locations). That would feel a little less… clumsy.

Beyond that… how does it factor depth into the equation. Is that added to the ‘distance’, or is that only x/y distance? Do we arrive at the spot, and then be unable to find it because it’s actually on a floating/buried shopping complex?

1 Like

Good question. We can currently set custom locations that include depth, so I would assume it would be included. Would need to test to be sure though

look forward to seeing more beacons on Havran I with shimmer orb so we can prove some of these concerns valid/invalid and help shape this to be a useful/enjoyable direction for the player base.

I do really like that it lists the quantity available of an item so I know if it’s worth bothering to go to in the first place.

click the shop/beacon name and it will set/unset it as a way-point :wink:

11 Likes

thank you for pointing this out!

I Agreed, maybe the dev can make a waypoint button that you click, and it shows up on the right side of the screen with a cardinal direction and distance.

I like this option