Launch Steam Reviews

ok I know it really is not funny, but I did get a chuckle out of this.

3 Likes

It was meant to be funny :wink:

Unfortunately Bomb Miners are the ppl that stayed long enough to know and like the game. :grin:

2 Likes

all mostly positive now,

6 Likes

True, I still think what I said

3 Likes

It’s been bouncing between that and mixed - don’t give up now!

4 Likes

Good GDC talk on this topic btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy0Dfr-mnUY

2 Likes

What stupid bullcrap. I was shocked just now to even hear there was negative reviews. I am an older person and have played thousands of games and I am very picky. Even if I don’t like a particular bug or something not quite balanced, there is no way it’s worthy of a bad review.

9 Likes

I have a suggestion. For everyone of us in here who feels Boundless deserves more go, into the review section and start up voting more fair and positive reviews. If everyone who sees this makes like 5-10 votes, things will be better.

4 Likes

I’ve been up-voting positive/accurate/truthful reviews and leaving comments regarding misleading statements about microtransactions.

4 Likes

I find it funny that some people in this very forum consider buying plots ‘pay to win’… I’m not sure what plot owners are winning at. Making large builds? :stuck_out_tongue:

A pittance from footfall that might buy perhaps two whole refined gems from player shops per day? :slight_smile:

As long as a reasonable number of plots can be acquired in a timely fashion by regular play, that is, enough so that the average player can have their own reasonably sized builds, I don’t see the problem. And that seems to be the case, certainly.

I find it unlikely that every single player will need 5000+ plots (or be able to finish building on those plots) within a month. If everyone owns their own city, they would all be deserted.

Sorry for the derail but I had to throw this out there on this topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ech…There is small difference between stand alone single player or local multiplayer game and any MMO. Servers fees are considerable higher. At some point number of people who buy game will not cover amazon price for data center, not to mention patches and expansions. Than either devs pay for the server as charity or some kind of revenue must be created or game just shut down. One time pay will always run out at some point -.-.
This is why most mmos has either subscription fee, shop in game or both.
Boundless has not much player base and without steady revenue stream this game will shut down rather quick.
This is why most of us want this “cancer” in the game.

2 Likes

You are not telling me anything new.
Please note that the post you are quoting is from February, 3 Months before any official statement from Wonderstruck.
Also note that the person proposing the shop in that thread is suggesting a pay to win model, seeling gear, resources and brews for real money.

You used that quote in current discussion, so comment on it is fare game from my point of view.
I do think that you were wrong back then and you are still wrong now and gave you arguments why.

Everything can be done wrong and right. Wrong - go to EA. Right - go to Warframe.
Difference between cancer and something that is genuinely helpful to everyone is in this case is just execution.

On the other hand completely shutting it down can only lead to problems which i’ve iterated already.

1 Like

I don’t think we need to go more in depth with micro transactions any longer in this thread. But nowhere in James post did he mention “resources and brews for real money”. He did mention gear, but as in purely cosmetic and not interchangeable. I can understand why you’re saddened and opposed to their decision. But that doesn’t mean it’s alright to write misleading information to support your stand.

And btw good job to anyone who’s trying to introduce new people to the game. It’s producing results.

3 Likes

Left a review. Also upvoted the helpful positive reviews and downvoted the misleading negative ones.

I’ve made a TL;DR version because there are plenty of people who wouldn’t read a wall of text. I hope that it’ll help at least a little.

Could have written it in my native language (I’m russian), but the sad thing is that people from my country who cannot at least read in english definitely wouldn’t buy the game either, because they prefer the “rush B”-type games.

So I’ve decided to target a more wider audience :slight_smile:
If I’ve made a mistake, please let me know.

7 Likes

Of course James never mentioned it, because i was not talking about his thread, I was talking about this post:

It was a suggestion in February.
And my response was only to this suggestion and didn’t involve the Exchange in any way, because the Exchange was introduced 3 months later!
My stance towards the Exchange is different.

I was just trying to make a “who complained first” joke.
Boy, did that go wrong.

3 Likes

We all win when they do this. It pays to keep the servers running and the developers working. That is Pay 2 Win for Everyone!!!

5 Likes

What are you even talking about. Rebuild customer trust? Steam reviews are already back up to Mostly Positive and will likely hit Very Positive over the month.

6 Likes

It’s a fair review and a good discussion of micro transactions in the comments for those who want to chime in.

4 Likes