Let’s Jumpstart Boundless Reddit

Got this idea from @catfud @bucfanpaka and @majorvex in the screenshot thread and didn’t want to derail that thread so starting my own.

I think we’re losing a lot of potential players because the subrebbit is so barren. Many people, including myself, look at Reddit first when interested in a new game. A couple people have posted recently about being on the fence about getting the game/coming back.

Any reddit users who are brave enough join me in bringing little rock babies into Boundless make your way over to r/playboundless and flood it with screenshots of your work/your recruiting cities/whatever to show we are active.

One more thing. Not sure if we can get some active moderators to help regulate it. I don’t recognize any of the current Mods listed so thats something we may need to look into to do mod stuff (which i have no idea how to do myself lol. But i’m up for it no one with more experience is)

14 Likes

IIRC the current mod on the reddit is another dev. I’m over there as well, but not in any mod capacity.

3 Likes

looks like I will have to make a reddit account!

1 Like

might be a good idea to plug all the boundless youtube channels to it as well

2 Likes

Ok good, as long as we have at least one that’s active

1 Like

Do it! I’m gonna run around Kindred Bay and grab some updated screenshots to post later

1 Like

Im at work will not have a chance to. we need to get it pinned to the top of the reddit page also.

Yea another reason I wanted to look at the mod situation. Some pinned posts would help a lot

1 Like

Maybe we can pin the forum there also, like post your screenshots thread.

I’ve posted there before finding my way here. I’ll play along, generally on reddit while working anyways lol

2 Likes

Well you can find all that info in the community info but it would definitely be more visible pinned. I found community info on mobile by accident and i’ve used reddit for a while now lol

1 Like

I’m in and dropped some comments. :slight_smile: I’ll start some topics too I think eventually, maybe some screenshots of my own or such. I have also seen with other games that Reddit seems to be the first place a lot of people turn when looking for information. I am in total agreement - it will help a lot to have information and positive feedback on there.

One thing for sure though I think we need there too - mentioned this in another thread: a stickied General Knowledge thread sort of like the useful links on Steam, but more specific, pointing directly to these resources. I’m thinking in a format that starts with a table of contents that would cover topics ranging from introduction tutorials to farming to forging and all, and each section would link to videos and forum threads and whatever might be best. It jumps out from comments online that if some of these folks who stay quiet (until they quit then say something bad) had issues that easily could have been resolved with the right information. A big resource thread right at the top there might catch at least some of these people. Of course, important such a thread starts out by letting them know they can also come here for more info… it is just as important for them to be welcomed and see how good our community is as it is to get the information IMO.

3 Likes

Never really used Reddit before… Are you able to post a link to the steam store page and mention that it’s currently on 30% discount until the 9th August?

2 Likes

Oh yeah! I can do that if you all want? :slight_smile:

A stickied general knowledge post to keep players from quitting along with making the subreddit more active so they dont think the game is dead is a good start.

1 Like

Yup please do. It will go nicely with my screenshot post later :smile:

1 Like

Done! :smiley:

5 Likes

hey is my first post how do i get a picture on it
i noticed it has like a spot with no picture where the boundless team one does have one

edit also why does your link post so neat and mine looks weird hahahaah redit noob here

1 Like

Gave you an upvote and compliment! :wink:

Reddit is a little weird… like for mine, by choosing to post a link, I couldn’t also make text in the original post.

Bot came in and added more info in a reply to my post, lol.

When you first clicked create post what kind of post did you make? Link, text, image or video? I think that may have something to do with it. Boundless team and @bucfanpaka probably posted theirs as a link.

1 Like