Let’s Jumpstart Boundless Reddit

… Oh, for multiple pictures, seems to be best to create an imgur album and then just link that, create the post as a link - at least in the past, doing that, you can then flip through the photos on the post. Been awhile since I did that though. I just did a single screenshot post, still seems like you can just add only one photo that way. Maybe next time I’ll do an imgur album and test it again.

Here is an old example, from an NMS post I did, just to see how it looks if curious- https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/aeiy50/usually_mild_relaxed_sentinels_vortex_cubes_big/

Evidently I used to be active in that subreddit.

Old redditors never die, they just get downvoted to oblivion.

1 Like

Haha nice, no time like the present to get back into it :smiley:. Btw a road from one end of the world to the other is pretty impressive lol

1 Like

Everything was one-hit and all blocks were free, so it’s less impressive than it looks. I have to admit when they added ‘creep’ it made working on high bridges a whole lot easier.

Anyway, I’ll be patrolling the subreddit now too. Every contribution to making the game better helps.

3 Likes

Ok, what I said about imgur still works - just did it for the new exo. :smiley:

This is the way to go if you want to do photos.

2 Likes

Some good work going on, hope more people will post.

Also just gonna leave this here.

2 Likes

I don’t use Reddit but happy to go on and help out the game :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Ah i shouldve scrolled up since you sparked it off initially. Good idea

1 Like

I have just joined Twitter and done it there also :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m finding Twitter to be VERY good for getting it on the radar of folks who don’t know about it. :slight_smile: This works well together really - if we can hit Twitter to catch attention, and have the Reddit more active and with more information when they then go to look for stuff about it.

3 Likes

Just done Reddit also :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also plugging the game on my Pinterest too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So that exo threw me off my plan of getting screenshots for the subreddit last night but I will try again tonight after work lol

1 Like

I’m thinking I’m going to go through my posts in the screenshot thread and put together a “Cool builds I’ve seen” thread… that is something I think we can use more of in there, threads with pics of all the stuff that people are doing in the game. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL when I hear everyone talking about Reddit this is what happens…:exploding_head:

1 Like

Admittedly I’ve got my issues with Reddit, that is why I got away from it. :sweat_smile: Best way to sum up Reddit on the whole is my experience there:

Make what I think is a well-thought-out or interesting post: Sinks into oblivion.
Post a dumb meme or horrible photo edit: Shoots to the top, hundreds of upvotes.
Screenshots: Go either way, very hard to predict what will take off. It is just chaotic.

But I think with the group we have here setting the tone and being a smaller community, we can do very well with the Boundless Reddit. :slight_smile:

Yea reddit can be a little weird but it’s a necessary evil we must overcome to at least show off some cool stuff to people on the fence about purchasing the game. Just be prepared to be downvoted into oblivion at any time :joy:. I dont think we have to worry about that until Boundless gets huge. But at that point our job will be done

1 Like

Exactly! :smiley: Since that is where people go… well, then that is where we will go too! :wink: Just put up a builds thread, but for some reason Reddit isn’t formatting it the same as the other one, weird. Maybe it will fix itself.

1 Like

… I’m wondering, when the test update threads hit, should we maybe put those there too? Maybe that would get some feedback normally not gotten, and show lurkers the activity going on, what is coming next, but then might also open up other unforeseen cans of worms by linking those threads there?

Nice. I think it’s a good idea to add a testing thread as well. Shows the devs are still actively adding new stuff. People are more likely to get interested knowing that

1 Like

Thanks!! :slight_smile: I’ll link 'em then… obviously if any devs see this and don’t want that though, just say the word! I’ll just link the actual thread, probably good to do for the live update threads as well, but was just thinking, well, giving heads-up about the testing stuff there might be useful.

Edit: And if people did post feedback in those threads, it would be easy enough for me to just throw a link to it into the testing thread itself, like “Reddit user XXX says: Link to post.” That way users who don’t want to don’t have to come here, and the devs don’t need to go looking either.

1 Like