Let us collect beacon coin with our alts

It can be very frustrating that, despite having full permissions, I have to match my exact alt with their beacon if I want to collect the footfall coin. Traveling across five worlds to get to a distant camp only to realize you brought the wrong alt can be…annoying.

8 Likes

Would that not promote the following; your alt did not visit their beacon then this leading to the footfall decay over time because you collected all of the coin on another alt?

I don’t understand, could you rephrase that?

Not sure what you are saying either. I visit my beacons every couple days. What does it matter which alt visits? This should be tied to Gamer ID, like Gleam Club (same thing with all permissions)

If I could just visit with main alt to collect the coin from each beacon then my other alts would never see their actual beacons again except for every few months. And they wouldn’t feel like they were their own person. But that’s just my 2 cents
Edit: writing this on my phone is hard. Sorry for the wording and such

1 Like

I think you used to be able to clean the coins out of beacons with alts but definitely can’t now. Probably so that “friends” can’t eat your coins if you share permissions.

I guess that’s part of the problem. Alts shouldn’t be considered friends. They should just be an extension of your main and have unique privileges.

4 Likes

Yeah, treating alts as unique citizens instead of shared holders of the account has its pros and cons. I like the system the way it is now though and have also jumped 5 planets only to try and open a workbench to see, “Nya, Nya! You don’t have permissions on this char!”

3 Likes

What happened to the free stuff at 7pm? Lol

1 Like

It also means people you’ve given permissions to can also get the coins…

Not a good idea UNLESS they combine it with better beacon permissions. For instance in order to have another player be able to open a locked door you have to give out all permissions, really??

I’m saying it shouldn’t be like that. Alts should have different permissions than other friends. Alts are extensions of your main.

Or give us a separate permission for collecting beacon coin.

1 Like

I don’t think alts should have any more advantages than they already have, which is too many.

If you collect the coin with the beacon owner and then put it in a request basket, now the alt can pick it up.

Players recognizing their alts as a collective extension of one identity is a dangerous sign. Alts already undermine the skill point system which is the core of player diversity. We are all the same character that can do all the things in the game maximally well. The game would be fundamentally different if we didn’t have our alts. If you don’t believe me, consider if alts were only available for cash and some players bought 5 alts but most people had 0. Would that feel pay to win? Yes! That is the advantage of alts. The devs need to take them away from us but they can’t. We the players need to do this game a solid and offer to give them back for the well-being of the game. Join me!

I think the reason this system is in place is to protect individual player money. By design, footfall is supposed to be emergency/spare money. If anyone with permissions can take footfall, a bad trust decision will leave you with literally nothing, instead of at least a footfall start up fund

Yes, it would be worse and everyone would stop playing. That would certainly be fundamentally different.

1 Like

I think this is a good suggestion by OP. I’m not in favour of it since i prefer to think of my alts as their own unique persons, but it’s still worth bringing to the attention of devs.

Also agree it would require more exact beacon permissions. This has been brought up several times, and I’m pretty sure they’re working on changing beacon permissions. If not with the guilds update then hopefully before so we can iron out any permission bugs before they impact guilds.

I would think the real measure for the developers is can it be exploited. I cannot think of a way to exploit an altgathering footfall coin. Churning alts does nothing and you can exchange coin with your alt anyway. The one issue is does an alt picking up the coin count as the beacon being visited for footfall calculations or does the beacon owner still have to visit once a week or the footfall decreases?

1 Like

I agree with both sides, Alts create the ability for players to be self sufficient not having to rely on other people for stuff hits the economy hard. But at the same time I’m going to want to play with different builds and if I have a different build I want a different look for my character.
I also agree alts should be given a full ride on all your beacons since they are linked to the same account. There for I should be able to remove foot fall from any beacon with any alt. Not friend based but account based. Am I the only one that thinks that should be a thing.

A possible imbalance that could stem from this, is having all your alts plots on a high tier world, but just having 1 alt use skill points to collect coin. It’s not a huge exploit, but can’t think of much else

1 Like

An alt with beacon permissions generates no footfall coin.

-Confucius

1 Like

It’s easier for me to keep things organized without having every beacon on every alt. My miner doesn’t need hunting plots, my hunter doesn’t mine, and my builder needs neither. Would be soo much clutter if they clustered up now.