Let us craft 3x3 9x9 2x4 etc:

As the title leads in to, I think when some QoL changes can be added for builders, it’d be fantastic if we could get recipes that let us craft pre-fab pieces for various sizes, so it’d be less tedious and less time consuming, out of building things. Prefab walls and floors. Prefab roads. It would also open up a whole new market to sale things.

3 Likes

or just add a blueprint mode, and even allow top notch artists sell their blueprints for in game coin. You can then place the blue print like a item, and then just add the required items to it to “build” it. Could also make it require the tools, to use as well.

4 Likes

That’s a really fantastic idea tbh. I’d pined over a similar idea previously but people seemed like such a system would take too much time to develop or implement so I thought prefab pieces would fit a happy medium.

If you hadn’t played it, Dragon Quest Builders’ blueprint system worked this way.

I went into detail with a couple of ideas for blueprint building and selling in this thread…

Only problem is you click build and boom, 6144 exp.

Not even a problem in my book, but you know how it is…

1 Like

I really like this in building games. You can do this in empyrion, and dual universe.

1 Like

We can’t be having that xp boom. No sir!

1 Like

This is one of my favorite things about Empyrion. All of my ships and some of my bases are blueprint builds. Really wish I could do that in Boundless

1 Like

I don’t know what empyrion is but it sounds neat.

would it matter, if you need the supplies anyways? Also, could just make it give zero exp.

1 Like

Exp is so tedious my vote would be to just let it give exp. But some ppl :sob: about things lol.

Just wanted to revisit this topic. Given @Creegle recent post about laminates / glowing blocks and more builders who would like to monetize their designs, I really hope the sanctum editor is indeed the beginning to all of the possibilities with prefabs.

1 Like