Level 1! Meteor Difficulty!

I mentioned this waaaaaaay back in the day and might even be able to find the screenshot. Is there a reason that Level ONE meteors spawn the highest level mobs on the first wave? I’ve been solo since day one, I’m not part of any guild nor do I frequent the group hunts very often, my p.o.s. laptop just can’t handle it. At the time Mighty was the highest level adversary now we have elite and on the exo’s it’s the blink/rift/umbris that are devastating. However, on a T5 world, ol’ Besse, I SHOULDN’T encounter a group of FIVE Elite Cuttletrunks on the FIRST meteor that drops. Especially a level 1! Can we tone it down a bit? I have my page specced with nearly max hp, max damage, and nearly max armor, ate a shielding pie and was holding a diamond sling with the armor boon and still was killed.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds like I’m angry, I’m not, just surprised and a little frustrated.

Have you tried hunting on a T3? I’m able to solo most of those meteors without any problems.
Merika, Boori, Glovi, Biitula, Gyosha, Xa…

I don’t know the breakdown on mob XP & abilities, but I think T5 & T6 might be a bit strong for a lot of solo folks.

1 Like

To be fair, Besevrona is one of the more difficult planets to hunt. Corrosive doing shield damage. However, at the lowest level of difficulty, for meteors, they shouldn’t be throwing the strongest “tier” enemies on wave 1. Elite Cuttletrunks, Elite Wildstock, and Elite Hoppers have all spawned on level 1 meteors when I’ve solo’d a T5 meteor. I just frequent Besevrona more than the others.

The tier of the planet plays a significantly more important role in determining mob levels than the meteor level itself. Tier 3 you wont find mighty or elites until level 5/6, and even then its very rare.

With that said, you could just be having really bad RNG - generally Elites are only spawned on level 1/2 meteors on tier 5 if theres only a little bit of meteor bar left - a sort of “boss” round, its possible the reverse might be occuring.

1 Like

I would suggest forged fists for solo meteors (of course I would suggest forged fists anyway :sweat_smile:). They’re a lot cheaper, and using a dmg/spd/crit forge along with a mega speed brew allows for a ridiculous amount of damage in a very short time. This makes it possible to take out immediate threats very quickly. The only elementals I ever had a problem with were mighty/elite wildstocks with health buff. still, I would never recommend solo above t6, and it’s always a must to play smart and use terrain to your greatest advantage.

2 Likes

Meteors don’t spawn until T3 and progressively get more difficult as the level of the planet increases. As well as more difficult with a larger number of enemies as the level of the meteor increases as well. Completely alone, I have had up to level 3 meteors spawn. On any tier planet that allows meteors, t3-t7. I could understand on T6-T7, possibly maybe throwing a couple of Elites at you on a Level 1 meteor on the first wave.

1 Like

Level 1 best weapon = axe

1 Like

Agree, corrosive damage mobs are probably what got you. I remember having 3 points into Kinetic armor on a T3 world thinking I was bulletproof… then here comes a corrosive maxed out cuttletrunk that was taking like 1/5 of my health every hit.

How about this change… adjust the way meteors are ranked.
T3 planets have no modifier to their meteor level, they’re just lvl 1, 2, 3… etc.
T4 planets get +3 to their meteor score. So they would start as lvl 4, 5, 6… etc.
T5 gets +6, so 7, 8, 9…
T6 +9 so 10, 11, 12…
T7 +12 so 13, 14, 15…

Of course larger groups that can get much larger meteors will still get the planet modifier, so a meteor on a t5 planet that was previously listed as lvl 5 would now be listed as lvl 11. That makes it more obvious that a t5-lvl5 meteor is on par with a t6-lvl2 meteor encounter for the same sized group.

In OPs example, his meteor encounter would have displayed as a lvl 6 meteor instead of a lvl 1. I think this would more reasonably communicate the difficulty of an encounter before an inexperienced citizen gets blindsided by the ramped up difficulty curve of higher tiered planets.

4 Likes

I think this would be good.

I’d still like to see combat additions in accordance with this so that I can hunt ichor even though I cant find anyone to go with me.

I definitely cant do it alone at the moment, and no hunts are happening on t7

Example: shields, armor, stronger weapons

I was thinking about armor earlier, amd the fact that we don’t have any resistance to the elemental critters whatsoever

i use fists and I’m spec’d for all defense. On T4 I don’t take damage until the last wave but when those corrosive cuttles come out im toast. Can hardly even beat them 1 on 1 while exploring. It might be coincidence so far but I feel like corrosive resists more than other elementals.

Each element, even lucent, only resists 40% of the time against normal weapons. Another thing you can do is drink a super or mega healing brew before you take on the cuttles. This will basically give you a 60 sec Regen ability. Keep an instant healing brew ready in your off hand in case the damage creeps up too fast. Cleansing brews should be kept on hand too, especially for solo. Those debuffs can have you stuck in the mud or quickly dying or both.

1 Like