Light Cube Tedious

The light cube is sort of a tedious item currently, having to click it on and off. Any particular reason why it can’t just be click once to be on permanently, click again to turn off? I know its sort of a godly item if it was like this, perhaps tone down the light radius for it, so that the torch would be superior? Just a suggestion.

1 Like

mainly the reason i carry 5-10 torches on me :wink:

The Light Cube is the starting light source so that players who happen to start during the night on the planet have a chance of surviving. The Light Cube should be balanced so that you want to progress onto other sources of light (torches) asap.

12 Likes

And just a word of advice, cloth torches are better than regular torches. I didn’t even know that cloth torches existed for the longest time but they do and they’re magnificent (compared to lower light items). Recipe can be found on boundlesscrafting.com

7 Likes

agreed! there the ones ive been using :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah so I played at night and I didn’t feel like I was in danger if I didn’t have light. What do you mean by surviving?

Falling down holes and anger mobs are the things that kill me in game so far.

2 Likes

You can also hold one of those torches in each hand for even greater light! But of course, that pretty much prevents you from doing anything else :smile:

1 Like

yep,bloody spitters sneaking up on you at night lol

There’s plenty of scenarios for needing a basic light when first starting out. If you dig into a wall or land side, it’s dark, you can’t see anything. End up in a cave with no opening, you can’t see anything. It’s just to aid you in surviving until you get your upgrade yeh :+1:t3:

2 Likes

The same way totem is your basic whacking tool. Basic but unbreakable. Swinging your totem and shaking your cube is your mantra for beginners.

2 Likes

…that’s what it’s all about?

:man_dancing::dancer::man_dancing:

6 Likes

The light cube is a holy icon of the Oort’s promise of Illumination! It’s light is given, free to all those whom seek it, believer or not! For when all is dark, the Oort will light the way!
Praise be, the Oort! Bless their children of the light, the Illuminoorti!

6 Likes

And if you give your all to the spiritual path you will discover you are light yourself. You will shine and carry your inner light into the world wherever you go. And you won’t have to be shaken to produce it.

3 Likes

The path of the Illuminator is among the Oort’s favored paths.

2 Likes

Since this has been necro’d, I’m giving my advice to the newer players. Torches are very cheap in the market and 1062% worth investing on. You’ll see better on mines, brighter and farther and they don’t expire! One piece is all you need! You don’t have to wait to build it yourself (This was my mistake). I’ve even bought a diamond one before reaching lvl 10 on my alt (a LOT brighter but inferior range compare to cloth, your choice).

2 Likes

There’s a talent you can pick up later on where you can have your own personal light source. Level 1 doesn’t provide much light, but level 2 is ridiculously good. I’ve never carried a torch in my life because of it.

3 Likes