Local sandbox issues

If I understand what you’re saying, are you having trouble deleting certain plots?

1 Like

yep
that is correct

What world is that from?

umm local sandbox

What happens when you tried to remove a plot using a Beacon Plot Remover (if that’s what you’re using)? Does the animation of the circle on screen not play or anything like that?

i just test it did do circle animation but 97 to 96 plotter
didnt remove other plotter i have other world have been deleted

It’s a bit hard to work out what this looks like without a visual demonstration. Are you able to show a video or a series of screenshots to explain this in more detail?

1 Like

yes i can if i havent delete data

sorry some reason laggy on recording

From what I saw in the first video:

• You showed the Inventory at the beginning, where it says 96 / 162 Land Plots.
  • At 0:40, you added 2 plots, where the log messages on the right says 98 / 162 Plots used.
  • At 0:55, you removed 2 plots. The log messages will then says that 96 / 162 Plots used.
  • At 1:05, the Inventory shows 96 / 162 Land Plots, which is the same at the beginning of the video.
  • At 1:18, you added 4 plots. The log messages confirm that 100 / 162 Plots were used.
  • At 1:48, the Inventory confirms the numbers of plots used.

It looks fine to me, so I’m not sure where the problem in the video is.

For the second video:

• At the beginning you have 3 unnamed beacons which do not show information for fuel, distance and the worlds they are on.
  • At 1:29 you have world details that are not loading for the first 4 worlds on the Tracked Worlds list.

So the issue here is that you do not have information for the worlds in the second video?

yes 96 /162 most 96 plots was on some world then realize didnt remove those beacon on those deleted worlds

as i counted in the video how many real should be is 33 plots at that time, i havent use it ever since

only 63 plots is unusable atm

Which part of the first video were you trying to add extra plots, but could not do so?

The next update will include significant upgrades to the local sandbox mode. So it might be worth waiting for these changes. We’re working to get something onto Testing for everyone to checkout soon.

15 Likes

I think what Andsim is trying to say is that he has deleted a local sandbox world, and has not got the plots back from the beacons on those worlds. Is that right @andsim?

yes i never got plot back

was trying remove other plots

the current prototype has no way of giving you back plots when removing worlds or preventing loss of character progression when removing worlds etc.

the next version of the prototype will be much more “complete” around managing the universe and enforce all these things so removing worlds does the equivalent of terminating a sovereign world with beacons being reclaimed etc. “this next version will NOT work with existing sandbox worlds which will be incompatible”.

7 Likes