Looking for a Builder [Floating Island]!

Good day everyone!

Hope you’re all doing well!

As per the title, I am looking for a builder to help me with my floating island.

Interested? Boring details ahead! I am putting the details to encourage builders to show up rather than think it is more complex than it is or etc.

Planet: Gellis (T1) - No protection needed.
Topmost plane size: 20x20 plots.

What is required from the builder is the “inverted pyramid” below that plane to give it that floating island look. It will be made mostly from the planet’s local soil/rocks/sand/gravel/etc. Materials (local silty soil/rocks/clay/gravel/peat/etc) will all be provided along with the tools (diamond grapples/iron shovel/iron hammer/etc) in chests on site. Full access to the building site will be given. I don’t want the full volume to be filled as I will be using that as workshop/storage room/etc. It can be a shell with a couple overlapping layers just to look real enough.

The most important thing is for it to look natural and proportionate with the build - not too thin, not too thick, not too short, etc! I am flexible but it just has to look real enough.

Builder will be paid handsomely for their efforts! Think you can do it well? PM me your asking price along with any ideas/concerns/details you’d like to discuss beforehand! I don’t bite xD. I’d also be interested in the builder’s ideas/feedback shall they have any to give. Will help improve my building taste lol xD.

My poor attempt at explaining the “inverted pyramid” in a picture. Something like this but done in a better way:

Thanks for your time!

5 Likes

OR

If anyone knows how to make some sort of build on MagicaVoxel to enable me to build it layer by layer, that would be immensely helpful too. I tried adding full layers resembling a pyramid (to know where to plot and not waste plots claiming the entire 20x20 shaft all the way down) then “eating away” at this pyramid to create some terrain but it wasn’t too helpful. The result is the attached pic above xD.

What I’m doing with my mountain is that I started to just build it but then I didn’t want to remove more than I needed from it so I started to model it. I have 3 different objects so far to get the shape accurate-ish and im still messing with the model to get it just right.

Screenshot of my build

I could probably build it for you in voxel if I know what you are going for. Is your model 1:1? I usually do my 3:1 so I can work in some chiseling.

I thought of just winging it then slowly editing it but then someone offered to help xD. I was thinking of randomly chiseling some blocks to give it a more natural look. Won’t need to sculpt it a lot as it’s supposed to look like rough terrain. Thanks a lot for the MagicaVoxel offer though! Will keep it in mind! :grin:

So the building surrounds the mountain? Or just a building face for the mountain on each side? Reminds me of Petra!

It’s going underground. That’s the only thing visible above ground.

Not sure if you remember that Veritas build a while back. I was apart of that guild cause I fell in love with the underground city idea.

🏢

2 Likes

call me on weekend ill show u how to see layer by layer in magica

Aah I see. No I don’t remember them. A cool idea for sure though! Any progress on the build or still in planning?

Appreciate it! I hope I remember too haha as I forget too due to being busy xD

A little of both. TNT Minorengle if you want to check it out.

1 Like