Looking for a tree builder

This reminds me I need to log in and make a bunch of trees for @Stretchious lol. So much to do, so little time.

2 Likes

Some people want a wipe so that everyone can start over fresh. But with sovereigns out now, I think a wipe would only affect the main universe of the basic 50 planets. So if it had been done before sovereigns, it might have been a better idea then.
Honestly, I don’t see why they didn’t just stick with the original 12 planets from EA. From what I saw through videos, they were great.
And with the game population so small, they would have been enough.

It would be cruel to wipe people’s work (like mine!) – I don’t grok the wipe, why the need to start over, there’s plenty of room to build still, half of Biitula is dark. I wasn’t around to see the original planets, but am attached to the current ones.

But I am genuinely curious what the wipe changes that makes it desireable. Like I literally don’t know but I want to understand where that take is coming from.

2 Likes

I think after the DarkMoor and Axon incidents, people wanted a fresh start.

Ok, but I don’t understand what those words mean functionally – how does a wipe change anything? What is “fresh” that requires blank planets? I can’t wrap my head around what this fresh start is that you can’t get from moving to another part of the planet.

1 Like

wipes are needed to thoroughly test the balancing gameplay and economic changes (we can’t see how a change would impact the new/early-game players when 95% of the player base is level 40-50).

But also some changes could literally break the game if they didn’t wipe the game as well.

Also my Best memories from boundless is few days after Release.

1 Like

We’re not in testing anymore, and so far so good wrt breakage, if you can wipe and automatically put all the builds back where they were, guarnteed, maybe then. Wiping it takes out the persistent world. What are you actually experiencing due to the lack of a wipe that is the problem? I don’t want my map of reality drawn in big crayons, the organic growth of a permanent universe makes the game way more interesting to me, I wouldn’t want to lose that without a serious actual reason it has to happen, and new players face a different time in the game’s evolution, which makes sense. New players can test the part of the game they’re in, or old players who want to start over can fire up a new account. Everyone feels better right after release, release is like that.

Surely i cant assume you would understand what Wipe means cause ive experienced it EA - > Release.

There were several updates were People example made MILLIONS cause of some mint value hiccup. They didnt even roll back… Just To make you see whats the problem.

I would argue example that game broke When you can make more money than you should be… As the money is big part of the game.

“Everyone feels better right after Release”
I bet thats not the case… Some EA players spend thousand of hours building stuff… But what they did… THEY DIDNT whine about it cause they liked the game.

So everyone Who keeps saying i Love the game are hypocrites? If you Love something i think it shouldn’t matter what the plan is lol.

1 Like

Thats Pretty damn stupid thing if they are hoping that… You are giving BAD first impression To players.

Btw… Didnt you just said we are not In testing anymore?

Right, I’m not a new player, I don’t want my builds wiped for the sake of testing things for new players. The game is not in testing anymore, people don’t buy it with the expectation it is still in testing. Content updates change things, Boundless has done an amazing job (I’m not super experienced but it’s way smoother than every other MMO’s updates I’ve played. Love is the plan, the plan is death? I don’t understand the sentence about the game broke. When you experienced wipe, Bounfles was still in testing. I don’t believe Love makes where what you love is headed matter less… Who made millions? I still don’t understand why you won’t consider coming back without a wipe.

The only way a wipe might be ok is if a mega update required it, like adding new slope types that would need planets regened. Otherwise nahh we are out of EA. You dont wipe live servers especially when people invested in gleam club for their current builds with real money.

3 Likes

A separate universe for that sort of update and letting the legacy servers empty out from as plots auto-reclaim or be reclaimed (ARK consolidated legacy servers as they emptied out and let the final unplug wait a couple of years… roadrunner ousite must git it

@RatofTime @Solgato i respect both of your opinions…mine are just very different.

I like To have a Wipe you guys dont… Thats fine.

I dunno why this always comes To this… People cannot accept different opinions around here… They are always starting to address their concerns and not seeing why some person thinks this way.

1 Like

blah blah blah, trees, people, trees…why won’t anyone think about the trees :wink: and awesome trees at that :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Returning to the intention of this thread, has HOST found a tree builder?

2 Likes

@HOST i wish i was a tree builder, my time to get there probably makes me a poor fit of unknown whens

1 Like

this is about the trees in a way, the mycological communication networks, the county-sized aspen of 10,000 vertical processors…

1 Like

Ooooh maybe a sovereign universe could host the original planets with the funny names… are the old planets saved if someone wanted to use them to populate their sovU?

1 Like

thank you kindly, no i have not yet but i think i will give it a go i guess it might turn out like the tree failed to generate but hey its a try right xD

all good mate, google is my friend