Looking for Feedback: Dual Wielding Control Scheme

you also need to link it to your brains nerve system to fully control it

i hate this as well. i usually rebind keys close to wasd keys to prevent hand movement but sadly you can’t bind all number keys close it. keys at numbers (1-9) are too far away because i need to move slightly my hand and i lose the hand exact position and i need to look in the keyboard to get my hand back in the correct position to prevent pressing wrong buttons since this usually happens in situations like that.

1 Like

Ditto. I usually rebind movement to esdf, so my pinky can hit qaz as well, for common actions

I can never get used to esdf. Thank god for piano finger genes :v.

Have we got a verdict? It looks neck and neck to me. :open_mouth:

We will let this run over the weekend and see if people have any thoughts they would like to add to this. Then next week well review everyone’s opinions and share our conclusion on the topic.

Then maybe, just maybe I’ll start another topic about another feature which you folks can mull over. :wink: :earth_americas: :full_moon:

2 Likes

My question woud be - if I had two hammers for gathering stone, would I need to press left and right mouse button simultaniously in order do start a dual wielded hammering process? Is the hammer impact of both hammers at the same time or one after another? If I had two hammers would it be posssible to start a hammer loop (one knock after the the other after the next before the last) with only one mouse button?

No, there is no way to duel wield duplicate items. If you could, then why would you mine any other way? Would it not then be simply better to have a single hammer go twice as fast by itself?

1 Like

They’re currently one after the other (I don’t think that’s expected to change?)

Dual wielding isn’t intended to speed up actions, but more for being able to easily use two different tools without switching all the time

1 Like

Twice as fast hammering speed could result into a minecraft-esque version of an overly fast hammer animation. If I understand right, ‘impact strength’ or rather mining efficiency is dependable on used hammer crafting materials. : |

1 Like

The poll has been closed and the opinions have been gathered.

Thanks for all the feedback and getting involved with this. We’ve read all the comments and it is clear no matter what we decide, some people will just rebind the keys anyway to something that suits them and that’s great. Tailor the experience to how you want it to be. :smiley:

With that in mind, we have looked at what the new user experience should be like and we are going to change the mouse wheel to scroll both hands by default. We’ll add an option to disable this feature for the more advanced players who don’t want to scroll both hands.

The main reason behind this was in regards to new players not being able to change tools in both hands without resorting to the forums for help.

6 Likes

Does that mean the controls will be like you described them in the OP by default?
And if so, will we be able to change key combinations to single keys and vice versa?

If I understand this segment like I think I do, then yes, that should be possible.

Yes. The control scheme will get a bit of a clean up, but you can rebind these to whatever you like. Although there might be some edge cases where this can’t be done.

This should be possible. But not all features will be in immediately, so feedback when the system is live will be good.

3 Likes