Looking For Shimmering Orb Farms

I’ve heard that someone has a real good shimmering orb farm somewhere.
I’m not talking about Serenity’s or P.U.R.E’s
If anyone is willing to share that information with me it would be greatly appreciated

Discord
JaceyLive#8208
(Can be found loitering in the Ultima Discord).

Thanks

And if you are willing to share, share it here for everyone to see, thanks!

2 Likes

P.S. HUB on Galan has a well stocked and cheaply priced Shim Orb Farm with shovels and regen bombs.

1 Like

There’s not much to make one farm better than another. The drop rate from growth is based on the tier of planet, your luck stat, and nothing else. So the only differentiator would be how mindlessly you can use an AoE tool to clear the area.

Ideally growth would be 3 blocks deep so you can harvest it similar to digging tunnels thru rock. And enclosed so monsters never interrupt you. Finally there’s size which dictates how long you can zone out and let loose with a speed brew before needing to turn around or toss a regen bomb.

Compared to the markup on shimmering orbs in shop stands, every farm I’ve been to is a good farm and you can’t lose. My first attempt not knowing what I’m doing net me orbs at less than 10c each. And that was when AoE tools still cost closer to 15k.

Yeah i know the drop rates ect, i was just saying a really good farm. ie what you said about the 3 block deep

1 Like

Not sure they exist. I’ve only ever encountered 1 deep growth

I asked about a farm with growth more than one deep in another thread. I have yet to see growth that is not a surface block except in the corruption/growth/gleam structures.

I mine them “top down” for this reason. It’s slower, but puts less wear on the shovel.

I just combine it, many places with growth have clay soil under it and need tons of that anyway…

On norkyna there is a big enclosed orb farm off the ps norkyna hub. Not a pure or ps farm. Not 3 deep but really big

Good point. Always need clay.

Im selling clay 2c each - constantly topped up each day

The one at Norkyna belongs to my friend and boundless business partner! I’m biased ofc but it’s by far the best one I’ve used: you can easily get 500 orbs in one speed brew’s time with a one shot shovel, and there’s a raised area with a spark link guard rail for easy top down action (my tip is aim your regen bombs at the corner of the spark fence).

You can find it by going to Norkyna PS hub and doing a 180… go through the tunnel and follow the path to the portal.

2 Likes

Finding the hub is the problem. My son and I have tried, even followed directions give here. Either we are dumb , or the portals were closed or various reasons, but never found our way to that planet.
Why the H e double ll was it not given a easy portal to it like other planets. That makes no sense to me that it was made so hard to get to.

Its not that hard you go to Norkyna PS hub go out the south gate directly behind where you came out and follow the red and black road the portal is big as day by itself near the lake edge. Unless you just cant find norkyna PS hub then that might be an issue.

Norkyna is at the very end of the PS T6 line. Just go to Gyosha Ophin, and through the Delta Cancret portal. Once you’ve entered Delta Cancret you just go straight all the way to the end of the portal chain.

1 Like

Thx Ark was just looking for this to post.

The one on shedu thru the Ultima network is by far the easiest to get to. I’ll edit my post if I’m wrong. But it’s The besevrona portal to cardass to shedu and the portal is on the left called serenitys haven.

Edit: well I was wrong. It’s besevrona to alnitans to shedu and portal on the left called serenitys haven. Well at least it’s still the same amount of portals

2 Likes