Looking for some ideas on street lights

dear community,

I’m looking for some ideas on street lights to be used for roads.
who has some ideas/samples for me? :slight_smile:

I’m using a piece of gleam embedded in the road either side. It works but doesn’t look like a street lamp. Maybe a chiselled block with one of the gleam lamps on top? In that other game that will remain nameless I used to use fence posts then a block on top with torches around it. Would love something similar.

BTW are you the Host who lives on Refgar?

@kaskel2000 that’s what I’m doing now just rather want something different.
and yes thats me!

@HOST Thought it was. I can see your build from one of my properties, my settlement is the one formally known as Kent (till yesterday when it suddenly came up with the straddling two beacons even though I am a minimum of 5 plots way from any other build)… Also think I waved to you the other week when I was on a massacre of wild life round by you!

I’m just wondering if you can chisels a pole. I’ve not played around with advanced chiselling yet. Otherwise it would be good to have something similar.

@kaskel2000 aaah nice well I pass kent a few times a day, from when I started a month ago now it seems abandoned now? hmm, what’s your IGN? I see many passes by :slight_smile: @ plot know its weird that that happens at times.
and about the street light I will just have to do some testing,

I have some examples of standard-ish street lamps and also fake fluorescent tube lights… unfortunately not at home today so cant post pics. Maybe drop a few images of what you’d like and i can advise which are easy / do-able or “rather dont try”

1 Like

Funny you should ask about street lights. I just threw these up this morning… Chisel Epic is required even though they’re pretty simple/basic.

EDIT: Night time just hit Gellis so…

6 Likes

@C0ND1T10NR3D Wow they are amazing! I really need to work on getting the advanced chisel epic then figuring out how to use it. I know my crafter has a lot of unspent points but I do most of my building on my miner. Going to mean switching to my crafter to chisel though but I guess thats a small inconvenience.

@HOST and yeah the settlement was called something else then I became Mayor 6 weeks back. Ended up changing the name to Kent when it looked like everyone else has bailed. It’s now slowly got to the stage where it’s just me and my collection of 5 builds all connected by red brick, but I don’t mind slowly building away and taken the extra plots as other buildings regenerate… My in game names are Caladren, Kaskel and Krimmsen.

2 Likes

Hey thanks, Kaskel.

Yea, I ended up making a 3rd alt because the switching was giving me a headache. He’s mainly for building/demolishing and I gave him the Chisel Epic along with Energy & Energy Regen Epics, Jump Epic and instead of putting any points into hammer or axe mastery, I just went with the Damage epic. It works well with Max points into Power, Control and Dexterity and Max points into the All Attributes bonus. Can’t remember off the top of my head what the rest of the points are in but he’s working out pretty well so far.

1 Like

5 Likes

If you’re looking for a more organic vibe, you can hide gleam inside foliage and the light will shine through. Here’s some autumn trees I had made a while ago, but it would work with any color combo or with bushes, etc.

I built them on a plot in Gellis Prime which actually teaches you how to make them too with step by step instructions. Head slightly NE of the PS hub in Gellis. Adjacent to the (as of writing) giant santa claus dumping snow out of a present. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes you can chisel a pole of sorts however they are limited to a corner of a block.
No way I have found to make them centered as of yet.

1 Like

try playing with spark lines. the only centered item as of now…

2 Likes

You *could center a pole if you made it out of 4 blocks each chiseled to a quarter… but now you have to build 4 times as big for ratio effect!

it-must-be-en3968