Loos items in trade bug

So i guess im the king of finding bugs…

So another player and i were trading
i did not have enough inventory space
he completed the trade and left i was stuck in the trade window
it wanted me to clear space but wouldnt let me drop anything
so i logged out and back in
when i returned i lost everything in the trade window

so most of my stuff came back but i am missing a block to my work bench how do i recover it?

When you said you logged out, did you actually close the menu and quit the game, or did you force close the game?

Also, can you recall what items the other player gave to you and what particular item was missing? If you trade with the same player or a different player, did you see that the missing items reappear in the trading slots or not?

I think he had to force quit because the trade window couldn’t close after we hit accept trade.

He gave me one beacon and I gave him a variety of other bits, one item was a door I remember that.

When we traded again the items reappeared all bar one workbench box which is as useful as no workbench since he can’t make just one :blush:

When you completed the trade, did you by any chance log out of the game?

We both did afterwards because we were both bugged and couldn’t interact with anything, once he logged back on he made some room in his inventory and we traded again to find most of his stuff had reappeared

So it looks like when one player logged out of the game, it appears to disable functionality for the other player, in which items cannot be dropped and the menu cannot be closed as a result until some items are dropped from the inventory. Thanks for the confirmation, we’ll take a look at it.

Regarding the issue with not all of the traded items appearing in the trading slots, we haven’t been able to reproduce it so far. Has it happened more than once?

Sorry i mean we logged out only after our functionality was already disabled, due to him not having enough slots to keep all the items from the trade. it was the fact that the trade completed when we didn’t have enough slots that disabled us both.

I think the workbench ali lost was might have actually been in his own inventory, not one of the things i traded to him.

It was after a planet move so none of the stuff was mine (otherwise my memory would be better :slight_smile:)

Wow wichall thanks for your elaboration! No items were missing from the trade window all info up to this point sums it up.Once I logged back in and cleared space i started a new trade again with Wichall all my items were showing in the to be traded section and i got them all back. I however once again was missing a workbench block from my inventory so i lost that…