Lootboxes boundless style

there should’ve been a section on the shop page (link in the mail or that google form) with 4-5 hi res pics for each biome as well as some other additional info like region size, biome size with relation to total amount of biomes and stuff. the scale of things is sometimes hard to imagine.
I was only able to make a good planet because I was familiar with almost all biomes at that point and thanks to that world edit biome preview forum post that I reposted all the time
the amount of customization (after they added caves) is decent

1 Like

You can view them only, When you flip over to the beta branch the configs go into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\worldbuilder\config\biomes\release

These are also the same files here https://github.com/turbulenz/boundless.worlds/blob/master/config/worlds/release/

I suspect the order form is used to generate a custom filter

For example: here is the world config for a T1 lush https://github.com/turbulenz/boundless.worlds/blob/master/config/worlds/release/lush_world_0.json and the filter on line 156 it points to /biomes/release/filters/starter_filter.json I suspect when you select the standard option this is what you get based on the tier and type of planet you are selecting.

I havent played with the world builder in over a year so im at a loss of how to configure the river patterns though i suspect @Heureka might be able to shed some light on this.

1 Like

Looks like the filter sets an exclusion of biomes, but there is also an attribute for selecting specific biomes. I knew the valentines one would need something like that, so I checked there.

I would guess that just selecting an appropriate number biomes using the ‘select’ type object would probably produce what you want. Use the base config for the tier you want and then select the biomes as required by the form.

I’m interested in working on this after full release (and after I finish my current in-game project) if nobody else does. It looks interesting.
Though, just getting whatever James is using to convert the forms output into JSON would be much easier.