Lost a ton of progress!? (SOLVED by great dev team)

First, what did you lose? I’m sure people around here including me would help you out. Second I’ve never lost any inventory items except when they introduced the inventory expansion skills which I had to unlock to find items that I had previously had in my pack.

I literally lost everything. Skill traits, levels, exp, my base, all inventory. Everything. Not looking for a hand out. Just for this hole to get plugged.

May I ask some questions?

How long ago was your last time playing the game?

You mean to say you have nothing in your inventory, your inventory space is reduced?

Did you get to to the part of fueling your beacon, and if you did, how long did you fuel it?

Did you get any message stating that since an update your skills were reset and you were given back skill points to spend on your character? Can you try accessing your character tabs and skill tabs to see if you have anything there?

I believe Creegle is saying this all happened with the same session. I could be mistaken, though.

That might be it, just that what he said and what has happened with other players, seem to be more about a thing that happened between sessions that something that happened in one session. I might be wrong though

They have another post which seems to suggest it was 2 sessions…

Did you by any chance accidentally played on a new character? Did you choose a server and name again on your second log in? That’s the only reasonable thing I can think of on how this happened. This is the first time I’ve heard of this issue and looking at your date joined (Sorry I guess), I’m more inclined to see it as a user error due to unfamiliarity with the game.

Edit: Could you try to check your character list while on Sanctum if you’ll see your previous character?

1 Like

it could easily be info lost on disk (i had had this in some games, just not online ones before… like steam sometimes deletes certain games from my library)

Try running a disk repair - i know it wont get your stuff back, but it might be part of the issue? (data loss normally is)

Also as far as giving an early access game a bad review for a bug… Why don’t you give it a few more hundred hours. The Dev’s are always updating and addressing issue. And the community is pretty helpful. Just saying

Double checked the character list. It’s just the one that I created, same name and build, just back to level 1 with no skill points to be spent.

Disk passed a sector check so I think the loss was server side.

My beacon was fueled for 2 weeks. Anyone see Frog Pond base?

Umm did you perhaps play on the testing version and then changed versions? I’m sorry, I haven’t seen this happen before so I don’t think I can give useful advice here.

@james @vdragon

That’s too bad you lost your base and your hard work levelling. Do you remember which planet you built it on?

If I played on the testing version, then I have no iDea how I accessed that because I just started up a standard game like normal.

Berlyn, is that a world?

1 Like

Yes it is. After the wipe we’re you still on Berlyn??

Did you have to do the tutorial again, or did you appear where you stood last time?

Tutorial all over again.

Yes it put me back on berlyn at my original portal spawn point. Which is not where I built base or saved as home.