Lost sound when hitting blocks. Only me?

I’ve been playing on the latest patch. Everything was fine. Then 2 nights ago I logged on to my sound not working when I hit blocks.

I asked another player in game and his were fine. Seems like it could be only me but I don’t know how to fix this as I didn’t seem to create the issue. I tried resetting all my setting to default but I need further help. Any ideas? What have I missed?

Thanks

This sort of thing happens to me in serious sam. Go to your sound settings and set it to stereo.

1 Like

Cheers legend. Will give that a try!

Not having any luck. Could not find a sound setting for stereo either. I’m assuming this setting should be found outside of the game in my sound settings yes?

well, right when you posted this I was reading it, do you have MSI?

Logitec headset with surround, however surround is not enabled. Not sure what msi is sorry…
All other sounds in game working fine. It’s just hitting blocks that’s the problem.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Im guessing you’ve reinstalled, unplugged and plugged your headphones in, restarted your PC, all that jazz?

Haven’t tried reinstalling the game yet. I will do that now.

I also meant to say realtek instead of MSI.

Dammit, reinstalled the game. Didn’t fix it.

I’m really out of ideas, I thought setting to stereo would fix it.

1 Like

It’s annoying because it was working and I didn’t change anything to make it stop.

I never did find an option to select stereo. Don’t have Realtek. Just what ever software came with Windows 10 and logitechs.

My Logitech software doesn’t have that option but there’s a switch on the side of my headset that goes from dolby to stereo and I flicked that to no avail.

Thanks for all your ideas man!!

I know the pain so well. I’ll try on my offtime to find a solution.
this just being a home remedy without the help of devs so far.

If you can share the game log file with us it might be obvious why it’s failing.

Thanks blake, I would love to. Where can I find the game logs? Many thanks

There’s some info on log locations etc in the faq here http://playboundless.com/#faq

http://pastebin.com/9us0zJun

Sorry is there a better way for me to link that? Wouldn’t allow me to upload txt file.

you can use pastebin.

Yeah any service like pastebin or a github gist

From the log it looks like the audio is being initialized fine (i.e. I don’t see any errors I would expect to see if it wasnt’)
I assume you’ve tried setting the volume options even if they look sensible (in case they’ve got corrupted somehow)

You can take a look at the gameoptions.json file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Boundless\user_settings\YOURUSERNAME\gameoptions.json
That should have the saved volume settings just in case they’ve somehow got corrupted.