Lost Spanners? (Out of Curiosity)

Hello fellow citizens!

This post is a mix of seriousness, fun, and curiousity so if youre into 100% serious posts, go and keep an eye on your spanners instead of reading xD.

Long story short, I lost a stack of various top forged spanners. I doubt this is a bug but out of curiosity and for fun (and seeking potential guiding), i am writing this. Did you suddenly lose your spanners in the past 3 or 4 days? Ive been using this stack (replacing broken spanners every now and then) since the beginning of time so i know how to not lose them (ah the irony).

Truth be told though, i was in the process of moving bases since last month. I (searched and) reclaimed old base yesterday but no spanners were to be found. Checked my shop, machines, tables, and furnaces but in vain. Checked my “to be sorted” storage where i usually throw my gear to haul stuff but everything was there except for the spanners. I didnt mint items in weeks and i didnt hand trade with anyone. Its not the 30 or 40k loss but it just puzzles me as to where they might be. Did I throw them somewhere by mistake? Low chance. Did a dev take them for personal use? Very well possible :joy:. Thoughts? Ideas? :grin:

4 Likes

I feel you! I have this all the time. My storage is notoriously messy (especially since i have 4 unfinished bases and no clear pattern of what’s where.

Sometimes you get a lucky break though and you suddenly find this awesome bunch of hammers/ingredients that you completely forgot you owned!

2 Likes

Game is haunted. Just look at this poor thing being possessed

1 Like

Thing is, i have 3 storages (next to the to be sorted storage) for different gear sets (exo, hunt, normal day to day building) and everything is there but not the spanners. Say i dropped it to haul, id put it with the grapple, food, and drink because i always carry these 4 stacks. I found everything but not the spanners.

:joy::joy::joy: You should know by now who pulls the strings here. Shhh its a dev hiding as a wildstock.

1 Like

I did see a developer repairing random player’s machines and cackling maniacally…

2 Likes

Make no mistake these are some top-of-the-line spanners forged by Red himself (that is me haha). My theory is they dont only repair machines but they also repair glitches and bugs in the game hence why they were taken.

#GuessWhosGettingBannedTonight :joy:

Blame Jeff

4 Likes

Aaaah true. I met Jeff a couple of days ago. What tricks did you pull on me Jeff? Bring back the spanners! @Jeffrotheswell

1 Like

You have to come within 6’ of me before I can lay one of my curses upon you and you kept your distance but you can still blame me. One way or another it was probably my fault. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

How sure are you that you didn’t put them in a storage when rapidfire clicking?

I’ve done this more times than I can count.

equipment, unless in prefect condition, has a chance based on how much durability is missing to not be reclaimed…

from my understanding this should really only happen to almost-broken-gear but if all of your spanners were in various states of use… i guess it’s technically possible they got left behind (deleted :scream:)

1 Like

It turn up one day I found a SS of Rough Oort I lost months ago once lol

4 Likes

:laughing: :laughing:
This seems the most logical explanation to me

3 Likes

lol i have the same with most of my stuff, i put it somewhere and think OK its there! should not forget.
the next day well you might have guessed, i start looking for them and i forgotten the location, yet searching everywhere and not to be found, so i make some more or buy some more.
after i bought, or made some and have used them. i place them somewhere, and yeah…i lose them again! so i think i also should have thousands of spanners somewhere

1 Like

Youre right but i thought they cant all disappear? Even if some spanners in the stack are indeed close to breaking. I am pretty sure at least 3 were in perfect condition.

Aaaah you never lost any oorts. Thats mine cookie. Thats mine. I lost oorts and not spanners :joy:

3 Likes

I know right :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve had things literally vanish then reappear before. One I remember was 4 ss of plain glass blocks… it was just not there in my tiny base at the time, and then the next day it was.

1 Like

You probably left them in your other pants.

3 Likes