Lots of issues experienced today on the test server

I was planning to make a new video while on the test servers today, with a couple of friends. We ran into several issues.

GrayFrequency said she was experiencing what Ardele had posted previously - with no planets available. I did not experience this. We are both U.S. East.

*My Gleam Club was missing on the test server and beacons expired (I believe GC was granted by James manually, via request for the test server - this is not a bug - test server accounts are completely separate from our live/main server accounts).

https://youtu.be/-V3-Y-Cb–g

1. The icon above her head was flashing.
  2. She could not see my PMs, whispers, shouts, or any communication. I could see hers.
  3. I could not add her to my friends list.
  4. Every time I tried to do a friend request, it immediately cancelled.
  5. Every time I tried to trade with her, it was immediately cancelled.
  6. I could not give her permissions on my beacon.
  7. I placed a guild book and she was able to join, but I still couldn’t add her as a friend.
  8. She was able to send me a friend request & I was able to accept. However, she is still not on my friends list.
  9. Creating a portal to Havran didn’t work & crashed the game every time a 3rd conduit was placed. (shown in video #2 below:)

https://youtu.be/tkQ5UuKzSDc

1 Like

To clarify: If you previously made an US EAST based character on the US-East Testing planet network…you were unable to get to the EU-Central (Only server base available). So deleting and starting fresh onto the only network available fixed my character issue. Would have been nice for a dev response on why it happened but that fell through the cracks :confused:

2 Likes

There were definitely some issues today on the server.
I had issues as soon as I tried to use my main test character.

First, upon loading with GrayChar into the Sanctum I could not see a planet in the sky.

Things were also stuck in a loading phase in my places/locations/friends list.
I did have the planet Kraterradall in my planets list but I was unable to open a portal to anything referencing the planet.

So I could not warp to anywhere, and I could not do anything. Next, I created a new character. When selecting what region to spawn in, all regions except for the European were grayed out. I picked the European region and finally a planet (Havran I) was in the Sanctum’s sky.

I spawned to it. Placed a beacon, and warped to MajorVex. (This was the only way I could get to Kraterradall.) Once I did that, there were more issues as she has described in the above post.

After warping to her we tried some things. I tried to make a portal for Havran I to Kraterradall but at some point this would cause a server kick/crash. This specific issue seemed to be replicable 100% on this portal.

Edit:

Ah okay that sounds like what happened there.

1 Like

I did not experience this, but it seems like Gray did. Both of us have USE characters. It doesn’t seem like everyone is experiencing the same thing.

1 Like

Yea it was before the US-East Testing server was permanently offline :frowning:

It’s online for me now, as it has been. Gray was only able to access it because I was online. So it wasn’t available to her - as in your case.

1 Like

We sadly do not support the test server currently while we focus on the next update. We do apologize and have put the issues into the queue to be rectified as soon as we can.

Sorry I wanted to say something that the devs should say :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking, if they are having these issues on the test server, that may be why they don’t want to move it to the main live servers. I think James said it was something with adding the local version though (I dunno).

2 Likes

3 Likes