Low level players need something to farm

Prices are crashing on just about everything except for high end forge gear. A few weeks ago, sweet beans, fibrous leaves etc were much higher. You could sell the leaves for 50c and the beans for 75c. They changed the regen algorithm and prices have steadily dropped.

Now that they have fixed underground resource spawn rates too, the market is falling and finding a balance.

If you want something to farm that pays well on a tier 3 planet, start farming trees.
Trunks: request baskets approx 2c to 3c each
Sap: request baskets upto 20c
Bark: request baskets upto 60c

It’s mind-numbingly boring, but that can make you some decent coin whist staying on a tier 3 world.

3 Likes

With all the complaints about the grind, you’d think people would be buying to get around it.

Or 4c or 5c!

5c trunks? Nice, where? And are they not colour specific?

@econodog
That’s interesting. That’s about when I restarted :D. It is probably why I consider high end forge gear a rip off, as I have only ever been used to the lower prices on the drops. Thanks for the info. Perhaps they have gone too far with the regen changes?

Color specific, but baskets for all colors (🌍 Worlds Warehouse—Raw Block Shop & Color Reference), and an any-color basket @ 3c. Aka you get more if you help me sort through them :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool, I was going off any colour prices… specific colours aren’t usually requested with large amounts of coin. But I’ll check the 5c baskets to see if they are colours I usually end up with surplus supplies :slight_smile:

1 Like

I try to keep the baskets up with ~2500c per color, yeah :frowning:

Honestly, though. Trunk prices are super low atm, given the amount of effort they take to gather. I hope that market adjusts

You don’t understand the market. Low level people don’t have money to buy. Low level items are sold to request baskets not bought from stands.

Trunks and a lot of low level resources like them are consumed way more by high level players than low level ones. And high level players can afford to request those items for more (if the market agreed upon it)

Take trunks for example. If the market price to request them is 3c (and I think it is), consider an hour of farming: a low level character can probably farm 300-500 of them. That’s a whopping 900-1500c for an hour of work.

There are plenty of other way more lucrative money sources at that level

1 Like

Go for Mud, Clay and Ash.
Also Raw Starberries -> Syrup

That would surely sell better if the price is okay.

1 Like

Filled up your Boori Lustrous and Twisted baskets… they were 4c, not 5c but I have more than enough of them from farming bark :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe what i was looking for wasn’t clear. Probably my fault.

But I keep seeing “sell for 1c! Sell for 2c!..Heck, I sell for 5c!!!”

But this is my point. I can’t afford the gear I need to survive T4+ worlds at 1-5c a pop.

They are 2k+ each (except for some good deals)

We need something from T1-3 worlds that high end players are willing to drop 75-100 for but unwilling to farm themselves.

Or am I being unreasonable?

1 Like

You should look at boundlesscrafting.com what is needed for Pies and Bricks, high level player always demand this kind of things, and much of them are farmable at T1-3

As i mentioned, Mats for Bricks, Mats for Pies are easily farmable even by low level player and are needed in masses.

2 Likes

The people with cash to buy lots arent the ones complaining about the grind… theyre the ones grinding to get lots of cash.

When i was starting out fib leaves were a grind and i always felt like i needed way more than i could be bothered harvesting, and coin wasnt an option cause i was new… now i have coin, but i also have full luck/epic gather and have 100’s lying around just from smacking them as i run past to do other things.

Selling low tier items to low level players isnt the most profitable market, unless youre moving 100’s or 1000’s of em. Big buyers arent looking to buy handfuls of things.

1 Like

If you’re planning on selling raw materials, you need to know what to get, but most importantly whose buying and for how much.

Shop around. Know your target audience and work towards that. Dudes selling pies? Will likely need milk glands. Is he looking for any. Yes? How many? How much are they looking for?

Find the best price and quantity and go hunting.

1 Like

grass seeds

joke

1 Like

Really?

I have like 500 on my shelf.

What should I sell them for?

Not sure why you’re so caught up with the 75-100 price range. Here’s a list of items in my request baskets 75c and up found on tier 3 planets:

Rough Ortstone 145c
Wildstock Eye 75c

20c and above which can all be farmed on tier 3 (or lower in some instances):

Saltpetre Fragment 70c
Thermal Sac 70c
Spark Sac 45c
Bark 35c
Adrenal Gland 35c
Sweet Bean 35c
Milk Gland 20c
Floatation Sac 20c
Raw Lean Meat 20c

Sell some of these and you’ll have more than enough to buy the items you need to get going on T4+ worlds. I’m sure there’s shops paying even more for some of these items, or you could sell them in your own shop at competitive prices.

1 Like

@econodog

I was just using those numbers because I figure that would be about 2,000c/hour, which seems like a reasonable grind.

Also, I was typing that while you were posting your comments, which fit roughly into what I was talking about.

Obviously 30-40c would be fine if you could farm them at a fast enough clip.