Lvl atm?

i am just curious about what lvl you guys/girls are, send a screenshot :wink:

2 Likes

Nice level you have there @Dulki! I’ll hopefully be able to get a little more leveling done once these projects of mine are wiped up - though here’s 86;

And 84;

2 Likes

A great way to gain xp is just mass or Bulk craft Fossil Extract medium and large.

2 Likes

Bulk crafting in general seems to be decent XP but killing creatures in a place like Munteen can give quite a bit too if you’re quick with kills.

Most of my points are spent on mining-related stuff.

3 Likes

Unfortunately building sucks in terms of xp and I’ve been building a lot last 2 days. It slows the progress down. :disappointed:

2 Likes

same here but I just set a Mass or Bulk to work and boom still good xp =)

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Also chopping wood and plants/etc, breaking stone and even low-tier materials gives next to nothing as well, when you start to need so much for a level.

Yeah I had mass of shards cooking - it finished, I got a level up message and… nothing happened (no skillpoints or plots added and progression bar stayed where it was lol); that was yesterday’s session - I went hunting with a few lads then to get some oort stone and xp and thanks to that I’m here:

1 Like

I’m measly 19 :grin::grin::grin: for minig xp key is minig higher tier blocks, like ores, gems hard coal…

2 Likes

Level 21 solidly headed to 22 atm. I have no idea how you guys leveled so fast without having massive amounts of resources saved to pile into your machines, because I both did that and have been playing an unholy amount of time the past few days.

2 Likes

I bet they are all hackers. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I’ve been actually playing the same as before, cutting trees and it’s been alright, reached level 15.

After hearing about the crafter thing, now I see why you guys have leveled up so fast, cheaters… :joy:

3 Likes

We’ll be looking at the information from this release and see where people are finding exploits and changing accordingly. The benefit of early access means we can see where these problems are and balance accordingly when compared to time played.

One would assume lots of players have stock piles of high end items ready to use and craft which wouldn’t be the case with a fresh user, so you would naturally see slower progress.

Getting to level 20 feels like that should be a pretry large investment of time. It will be interesting to see how long you’ve been playing for to reach those levels. We can see it in data so no need to lie :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Yea we already had all of the machines so it would take some time to get there + we had the portals :laughing:

1 Like

From playing on the test server before this update (with a fresh character) It took me probably two days to get to around level 10-12, and that was on a weekend when I was playing about 4-5 hours a day, and with all the objectives/dalies/etc more or less working (and just more different objectives too, really).

If I hadn’t already had all the infrastructure, tools, portal networklet, etc. I wouldn’t be anywhere near the level 25 I’m going to hit in a few hours while offline.

2 Likes

I’ve found the leveling process to be pretty streamlined IF you choose to do a little bit of everything. If you want to specialize, however, especially for building and trading, exp is a nightmare to come by. Crafting gives a ton of xp, but if you mine everything yourself for the crafting it FEELS balanced. Building does not.

I haven’t felt like there are too many exploits, just some things that are more worthwhile to do than others.

Post-level-20 actually feels like where the grind kicks in, and I have enjoyed that the game gives you a lot of plots and skills early while slowing down the progress at an appropriate point. It feels right.

Level 24 at the moment :wink:

5 Likes

I have to agree with you on that, once I got to 20+ the levels do feel like they take a lot more XP. By 20 I felt like I had most of the skills I wanted to have by that point.

Just noticed this a few minutes ago too… :fearful:

Those skills on exploration have had their cost increase -massively- as I’ve been leveling/spending points; if I had taken them earlier on would they have been cheaper but everything else gone more expensive proportionally? Just seems odd they increase so much. I’d never ever take any of the skills there like that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Are you sure the point cost of them went up? I’m quite certain nothing else I’ve looked at has gone up… so that sounds like a bug if they are actually getting more expensive…

they should only increase within the category, so when you earn first skill in exploration than next one gets more expensive; but if you get a skill in a different group it shouldn’t affect cost of the exploration skills

3 Likes

Yes, I’m quite certain. I look at most skills often, when I level, to consider what I’m taking next level.

Yes, I noticed that too, so I’m presuming that it is a bug.

Actually, could we see it too? Would love to see a breakdown of how all my experience has been gained.